• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can you eat?..

Suwiexx

I all I'm just trying to get all the info and do all the research I can.

I'm just thinking what can you eat after the opp I understand there is a after surgery diet I'm thinking more in the long term after the healing and stages .

Like can you ever go out for dinner again? Or have a roast dinner or take away or would all these cause the dumping thing. Also I understand the dumping thing to be if you have ate too much sugar or fat... How do you know what's going to do this? For eg if I ate chocolate bar would it happen or if I ate 3 in a row ect and also can you drink alcohol I'm not a big drinker but do enjoy a bottle of wine on occasions or a magners are theses things I can never do again?

Thanks Susan x

JED

Hiya you can pretty much eat what you like but just nothing like the portions before i was in a resturant the other evening and it was pitiful what i ate then it dawned on me the resturant actually earnt money out of me so im never going on the all you can eat menu again lol

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
if you go to a restaurant, a starter is usually a good choice of meal

penguina

YEah I am five weeks out (but with no problems at all) I went out for a pub meal, on friday, and I had a the fish chowder as a main, and just gave my garlic bread away.

I didn't miss not having a full meal, I would have had chips every time before, but didn't even think about them, till the chap had finished his Newlyn fish and chips. And last time, I fnished up HIS garlic bread lol. I think if you are sensible about what you choose, you will be fine, don't worry.

happy days

Iam often out for meals usally I will opt for steak n chips. Eat my steak n salad first and there is never any room for chips. I just like to see them on my plate lol.
I drink once a week on a Sunday usually hav about 3 glasses of wine. This week I had a awful day Friday so tried to wind down with a glass of wine drank half the rest went down the sink. I used to drink a bottle a nite x

blueeyes

I am 9 months out and I can now tolerate any food just less in quantity. I too was very worried about this pre op but am so glad things turned out this way.
I go to restaurants a lot and will chose a normal sized meal more often than not, even though I can't finish it. I can obviously not have starters and desserts on top of my main so I feel that I'm still saving ££ compared to pre op :)

The temptation (for someone like me anyway) is to eat more often, now that I can eat less in one sitting. I recognise that and try to control it.

As for alcohol, I never drank much before. I get VERY drunk now after 1-2 glasses of wine! I generally stay away from alcohol and it doesn't bother me.

Big an Bouncy

I remember sitting at the table last Christmas and wondering if I would ever enjoy a full Christmas dinner again,and do you know what I will and so will you.
Im over 6 months out and can eat anything really just small portions.Like others I am aware of my limits and stick to them.I am not a drinker but Im going to a 50th next week and I will have a couple of drinks well diluted!
Im having roast pork,roast potatos,veg stuffing and gravy for lunch with rhubarb crumble and custard for afters!Sounds a normal lunch eh?All low sugar/fat and just a little of everything.I dont miss out on anything.I just dont have the urge or tastebuds for bread,cakes,biscuits or chocolate!its like magic.dont get me wrong I have had half a scone or two rich tea even a small custard tart but as I dont dump(just heat up slightly!)I have to be careful.Six months after your op you will hopefully feel the same,best of luck.Ps I have loads of energy and now walk everywhere and go to gym!Life is so different after wls!Maz x