• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ouch!!!!

SophieG

I am 9 weeks post op with a bypass,just had a jacket potato and ate some of the skin,I'm in agony now :( is this something that should be avoided? And is there anything I can so other than pain killers to get rid of the pain? :(

Oh My I do sympathise
I had a band so not quite the same I know..
But I had meat stuck the other evening and I thought I was having a heart attack the pain was excruciating...
I did everything I was told and eventually it just went though the band..
I was sick, sweating, shaking, felt faint, and more the result is I am on liquids for a day and smooth food for another day too..the following day I was very sore and it is something
I never wish to repeat

So I hope you get sorted..its painful isn't it :/

It can be hard for some bypassers to manage the skin as its quite fibrous. I would say you can have the inside but leave it a couple of weeks before you try skin again. Make sure you really chew chew chew.

Absolutely not hun. It would take repeated overeating to stretch your pouch and you'd know you were doing it.

That's normal and that fear doesn't really ever go away. And it can be quite a healthy fear

I couldn't eat the skin on jackets for ages. I am 9 months out and still struggle with some skins especially apples and oranges x

I couldn't eat the skin on jackets for ages. I am 9 months out and still struggle with some skins especially apples and oranges x

I have to take the peel off everything including tomatoes now.. I get away with grapes though

Funny how we're all so different - I had a jacket with skin at 6 weeks.

Think I'm just going to avoid them forever now! Skin on a jacket potato is the best bit! :'( never wanna experience that again lol

I would try again later on, give a few weeks honey. You're still really 'young' in bypass terms and as your pouch matures it will be able to tolerate a bigger variety of foods.

Still sore today,have only had half a tin of chunky soup and some toast all day,think I might try liquids tomorrow and mush on Monday if not feeling better,like my pouch is throbbing :/ xx

Think I'm just going to avoid them forever now! Skin on a jacket potato is the best bit! :'( never wanna experience that again lol

I know just how you feel...I never want to try red meat again..well maybe mince :)

I guess after your recent scare I cant blame you for NOT wanting to eat meat again ! but like you wrote maybe mince to start off with and in time ,no rush try something a bit chucky you mentioned chicken(?) anyway there a lot more other meats to try so don't worry im sure you will be ok now x

How long did u feel pain for after? I've just had to take some pain killers cause the throbbing is like a sharp pain at the bottom of my pouch,guess that's where it got stuck? Xx

I know just how you feel...I never want to try red meat again..well maybe mince :)

It's weird but I really struggle with "dry" poultry/game as more often than not it sticks after one mouthful but have never had any prob with tender cooked red meats.
Dietician thinks it's because I'm not chewing it enough but I darn well make sure I make a conscious effort to do so. Once a particular thing sticks you are too scared not to in future. I have problems with some "solid" fish as well.
Once you feel something starting to stick don't try push through it by carrying on eating.. If you do it's more than likely going to come unstuck in the not so pleasant way ;). As Yve said persevere in a few weeks time or try cooking it differently xx

Well I'm now 5 days on from the jacket potato and I'm still quite sore inside,though the pain is sometimes in my back as well?! I'm really unsure what to do? I'm working away from where I live atm and the nearest hospital don't deal with bariatric patients? Any suggestions

Back