• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Running...(well walking fast!)

lovelyzobo

just wondered if anyone has attempted to start running?! I desperately need to start some exercise, and thought with running I can just do it and not have to go to a gym etc .... My hubby runs and my 15 year old daughter.....so thinking I should have a go to!

I did start (many years ago) the couch to five k app thing....made it off the couch at least! :rolleyes:

I then had an op on my foot (2 years ago!) and still having issues with it, but just had another steroid injection in it, so figure noes the time to start if I'm going to, as I'm currently pain free!

Anyone want to join me/advice etc?! Xxx

I am planning to start running. Have downloaded couch25k. Will be April before I start as I am attempting to do Ben Nevis at the start of April and can't afford to pick up any injuries which would jeopardise my hill climb. But will keep watching your thread xx

Hi there currently 5 weeks into the couch to 10k and really enjoying, just be careful of your foot. xx

im just kind of speed walking,2 miles to work everyday!have a knackered knee so running or jogging is a no no apart from being to big as well

You burn just the same number of calories walking a mile as running a mile. Just takes a little longer. Well done.

Hi! I have started running. In fact, I started running about 5 times and never got anywhere. This time is different, though I don't know what's changed except my mindset. I'm determined and I think it's because I signed up to a 5k race in October.

I started running using a 5k runner app which was great and I really liked it, but I was finding myself progressing faster than the app and I kept skipping the walking parts. This meant I was on week 4, running for 11 minutes, then stopping for a drink and running home again. So I haven't used it for my last few runs, and now I'm using MapMyWalk (or run, whatever you prefer) to track my workouts.

I can now run 5k! Not without stopping or walking (yet) but yesterday I ran 5.2k, which took ages (37mins) because there were lots of hills and I was feeling sluggish, and here is today's workout (5.4k). Rest day tomorrow so I'm horse riding.

Have fun! There are worse things you could do with your time and this weather is so gorgeous you may as well get out there and enjoy it :)

Attachments

• image-840587587.jpg
    image-840587587.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 21
Back