• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

S O S ...HELP

SHARONA

Hi Everyone im new on here...things seem a little confusing dont know if Im posting in right section. I have been referred to Heartlands, but have not heard anything with regards to weight management much more surgery. My appointment with my GP was about two months ago I went back and she referred me again still no reply.Could anyone tell why? and steps I need to take in order to get help. All my doc says if they offer surgery take it .Im 21 stone 4ibs and have major health probs including dangerously high bp controlled by three tabs, under active thyroid controlled by thyroxine and a blood disorder. Could someone please help me understand . I have read lots of threads on here and everyone has either had surgery or awaiting a date. Very dissapointed and impatient .Would welcome any encouraging words of advise.:rolleyes::help2:

Hi, I went to my doctor in August 2012
Appointment with surgeon on the 15 th oct, he said I could have the bypass and to go away and lose 2 stone. On that same day I sore the dietician, had blood taken and spoke to the bariatric nurse.
I had lost the weight by jan 2013 and dietician said my op was on the 23rd April and that I had to go onto the milk ( liver shrink) diet on the 9th April, I am now nearly 3 weeks post op and feeling good.
I have lost 53lbs altogether from start and a stone in two weeks since the op. only weighing myself once a week on Wednesdays so I don't get disheartened if I don't lose every day.
Hope this helps and you get your answer soon.
X

Thank you Lou m very disheartened at mo! I really hope i hear soon , I cant afford private but Im a tax payer and have never claimed for anything before so do hope I cant get funding. Sounds like you have done very well...where did you have it done .Im in Birmingham x

Hi Sharona

Welcome to the forum hunnie the only explaniation I can offer you atm is that there is a big shake up with primary care trusts ie demolishing it sending it bk to local gp surgerys I dont know how far forward this is happening whether it is in action or it could just be that your local team only meet once a month (which mine did) and it took several months before I got a reply. Good luck

Thank you rickysmrs . I rang my Gps seceratary like someone surgested on here. She wasnt very helpful really saying shes busy and it has been sent off. First middle March and the second May 2nd , she told me to ring Heartlands WL clinic to see if they recieved and you can guess the answer "NO". However the very helpful receptionist told me to go back and adk my GP sec could she resend via fax .So i did and thats where we are now so PLEASE WISH ME LUCK that its successful and i get some response with an appoinment at least.Looks like this is going to be a long process might not even get surgery...better hurry up before i start eating my house ...weight is creeping up! x

Back