• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sad and desprate :(

zebraaaaa

Hey guys,

Im in a pickle, iv been told i could be waiting 8 months maximum for my surgery, but iv heard story of people waiting the havering to wait another 6 months.

After already having to leave one job due to my size and walking issues, im currently walking on egg shells at work again my mobility is becoming worse, i have read story's about people asking for help more quickly and basically being told to go away wait your turn and to stop waisting people time,

Im terrified to ask for help, what can i do?
Does anyone have any advice for help with cronic hip,back,knee and ankle pain, ( bearing in mind bath is not an opposition & ibuprofen and paracetamol just dose help)?

Any help and advice would be massively appashate. X

The reason I had my bypass was to enable me to qualify for a hip replacement. I think you need to see your GP and get the pain under control, they can do that, nothing will work if you don't take painkillers for it. I know its really hard.
Good luck

Hiya Lyzzyanne,

Im scared to go to the doctors, whist my doctor is understanding and was very supportive about sending my for surgery, once he give me the drugs, if they can't stem the pain I'm going to be sacked, im worried people won't believe me, i have to use a crutch to walk, witch i avoid at all cost.

Do you know what sort of drug he might suggest?

Thank you xx

Hiya Paddyp

At the time i was a child carer, i worked in baby room with 3 months to 1 year olds, theres no chairs and no no really way for me to pull myself up off the floor, this is already a mission with out having a sleeping baby in my hands, a few times i simply couldn't get off the floor witch is dangerous when the fire alarm sounded.
My boss had a chat with me as basically told me she was very worried, after that my agoraphobia got worse, and after a long chat with her i left, she didn't force me but didn't stop me either.

I am now working with my two disabled brother in laws (to be), they are physically and mentally disabled, with this often meet my server anger isusse, due to not being about to move fast i have had a couple of cuts and bites, i can sit on a Sofer at work but getting up of that can sometime be painful if had to be done quickly to avoid getting hurt buy one of them,

My mother in law(to be) who runs the company feels she has already maid reasonable allowances for me.

While i dought she would sack me outright i fear she will make her point buy other means to make me want to leave.

Sorry might be a bit more info than you was after lol

Thank you x

you need to see your gp get your pain under control I wish it was possible to ask for ops to be bought forward I can barely walk now but trouble is everyone in same boat so it a wait your turn scenario

ps isn't agrophobia when you cant leave the house?

Hiya moomoo1

Indeed just going to have to try and swallow going to the doctors,

Yes that is agoraphobia
X

You MUST go to the doctors, I am really amazed that people feel that they are not worthy of treatment. You are a human being in pain, at the moment you may be fat and struggling but there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

There are all sorts of drugs out there and what works for me may not work for you, its trial and error.There will be something for you. Why shouldn't you go and get help?? It makes no difference to the doctor, its a conveyor belt for them, might as well see you as anyone else!!!

Dig your heels in don't let anyone drag you down, you are worth it. Get to the doctors and sort yourself out!!!!

Good luck

They always over estimate the wait list and if yours is an urgent case they may take that in to consideration. You'll never know if you don't try!

Stupid fone grrrr! U should have to b in pain all the time they should b able to help u. Mayb explaine the problems and they mite b able to prescribe some diet pills or somthing to help u shift a little bit of weight while u r waiting for ur op to make it a little bit eaiser on ur joints ect and work. Diet pill with healthly eatting can work quite well. Just a surjestion. Hope they can help with. The pain

Poor you, sounds like you've really been through the mill.

I'm afraid I've no advice as it's not something I have any experience of, but I would echo lyzzyanne's comments about seeing your gp. I know you're concerned in case the painkillers don't work, but surely it's better to try them and find out than to carry on suffering?

Good luck to you x

Thank you guys, im gunna ring my doctors tonight and go see if i can get some help,

Ill let you know how it gose,

Thank you all <3 x

speak to your GP without a doubt - the worst he can do is say there is nothing more he can do, but maybe he will have some suggestions. It sounds like you need anti inflammatories as well as pain relief - maybe he can refer you to pain management clinics?

with your job, your boss, whether related to you or not does have a duty of care to provide a safe and healthy working environment and any underhanded attempts to make you feel you have to leave is constructive dismissal and that is illegal and could land her in an employment tribunal. I know she is your mother in law and taking her to court is probably the last thing you need or want, but the law is there to protect you. As your Mother in law she should be going the extra mile to help and support you.

The other option I suppose, depending on your weight etc is maybe to consider applying for some disability benefit, or ESA which I believe you can get while you are working. Maybe if you could get that and then cut down your hours then it would help with the pain and you would feel you were doing better at work?

These are only ideas, I don't know whether they would actually help, but please know that you are just as worth the attention, time and care as anyone else and whatever your weight, any pain or phobia will be treated with compassion and sympathy. Make the call and take it from there .... all the best xxx

Hi hun,
I was in a very similar situation to you and work had started to discuss capability procedures - it does get better. Would you be able to do some sort of diet while you wait for referral etc to go through? I know you won't be able to keep it off, but even 2 or 3 stone may help. I used to wake up every 4 hours because my back would hurt so much I'd have to move. I always breathed hard and I couldn't walk far and my knees killed so I know where you're coming from. But it does and will get better.

Hello guys,

Happy to say iv been given some super strong pain meds, that have Achely kept me off my crutches until 6 pm instead of 2 pm im normal stugglin, was also told shoundt be much more then ten more weeks untill i here from surgon to start liver redusing diet so was successful trip

Thank you for your help and advice real really needed it <3 x

totally feel for you my mobility is getting worse by the day my knees are so bad im on constant pain relief and one leg is swollen constantly I saw the most sympathetic gp in the practice and she is giving me painkillers while I wait for op

Hi, moomoo1 my hips are the worst

But I busted my knee knelling down to take a photo something went pop and i count not get off the floor doctor said I'd ripped a tender or so thing, basically not got better since it happened so totally feel your pain there.

The pain meds really take the edge off, i can go a few more hours not before i have to resort to my crutche witch it makeing my job easyer x

Hello guys,

Happy to say iv been given some super strong pain meds, that have Achely kept me off my crutches until 6 pm instead of 2 pm im normal stugglin, was also told shoundt be much more then ten more weeks untill i here from surgon to start liver redusing diet so was successful trip

Thank you for your help and advice real really needed it <3 x

I'm really glad you went to the docs and they listened to you .... every hour brings you closer to the surgery and the new you, so keep plugging away, it will be here before you know it! xxx

Back