• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saving for a band

Cure girl

Hi all I have been on this weightloss trip a long time. At the moment I am trying to get the cash together to have a band fitted but not sure which group to go with as we don't have anywhere in Ireland to go and get done.

So if anyone could give me some advise I would be grateful

Thanks xx

Hi there there have been a couple of forum members on here from ireland and i think they managed to get theirs done in ireland. I think you need to look out for corgi and sorrymissjackson i think they are the peeps from ireland x

Thank you weightloss dreamer I have phoned one place in cork but because my bmi is at38 I won't be done as I have no health issue bar back problems high cholesterol and of course lots of stress in life but they cant help with that :(

awww no x x fingers crossed you can find somewhere i had mine done in north wales, maybe you could find somewhere in manchester and fly over? x x

I had mine done at the hospital group, bromsgrove and there were 2 ladies from Ireland with me. They flew into Birmingham and were collected by a taxi and dropped off at Bromsgrove. They had there ops really early and were staying over night and then back to the airport the following afternoon.
One had a sleeve as would have been expensive to make the trip for fills but im sure the other lady had a band.... so maybe she had fills closer to home who knows.. good luck with your saving xx

Thank bichonbabies I have been onto the hospital group waiting on them to send me out some info they did have an office in cork but if not then it would be Dublin for me

Just bear in mind how many fills/defills you'll need - the nearer your provider has staff the better!

Good luck, I hope you find a provider you're comfortable with x

Thanks sarahrob they all seem to only have clinics in Dublin so it would always mean me driving over 2hrs for appointment. If that is what has to be done then be it

Just wondering if anyone has used healthier surgery for getting there band done. spoke to them this evening waiting for them to email all detail but all thoughts welcome

Well ladies It's been a long day I need to head to bed and take in everything I've been told from yourself and the company I have been onto.
Sleep well xx

Ok ladies bit about me over the yrs I have yoyo up and down my lightest been 9st4lbs 15yrs ago. To be honest I am quite happy when I get to about 11st. September'12 I went and did lipotrim starting 16st4lbs and I lost 4st7lbs by December I was so happy with myself.
But once Xmas was over the weight started to come back on and I just could not get my head around things I had joined ww but failed as I was looking for food all the time.
Then in october last yr I got very depressed and started on tablet which I am off now because things really were not heading the right way.
Well over the last 3 weeks my husband has notice that I am not me anymore so he has offer to help me get the money together for this surgery as he see my happiness slide away and me not wanting to leave the house any more.
So this is me in a nutshell :(

I went with Healthier weight - they have people in Ireland who have had their surgery with them, worth checking out :)

Eta just noticed you mentioned healthier surgery early in the thread, you may have meant healthier weight! If so had my surgery with then 18 months ago

I went with Healthier weight - they have people in Ireland who have had their surgery with them, worth checking out :)

Eta just noticed you mentioned healthier surgery early in the thread, you may have meant healthier weight! If so had my surgery with then 18 months ago

Yes you are right it should have been healthier weight how did you find them to deal with? And how is there aftercare ?

It's so hard to make the right choice where did you have it done I have been told it would be Manchester or Birmingham

I had mine with healthier weight. So far no complaints at all. I chose them cuz their aftercare package seemed better than most & I've had a wound issue which they have dealt with really well. Had my surgery in Birmingham with mr super & happy with the hospital too.
I'd recommend them

band fitted 16.01.14

Thank you weightloss dreamer I have phoned one place in cork but because my bmi is at38 I won't be done as I have no health issue bar back problems high cholesterol and of course lots of stress in life but they cant help with that :(

The Hospital Group are willing to do mine with BMI 35/36, hopefully you'll have some luck with them :)

The Hospital Group are willing to do mine with BMI 35/36, hopefully you'll have some luck with them :)

I did ring the hospital group and waiting for them to send out info to me but for some reason they want me to travel to Dublin when cork city is only a 39 mins drive from me

Back