• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie band to be

Carre

Hi all im having a band fitted in oct, I'm 30 have 2 kids who I like to blame for most my weight but the truth is its my fault lol
I have 94 lbs to shift and can't wait to get started.......
Any advise or tip would be great

Thank you xxx

Hi Carre and welcome x I'm getting banded on 27th September can't wait. Tons of useful Advice and lots of lovely people on here x

Carre, welcome. There are lots of banders on here to share our experiences. Its important however to understand that everyones bodies and needs are different, so a 'one size fits all' approach and comparing yourself to others is not necessarily the best thing to do. At the beginning there may be tough moments, but keep your overall goal in mind, remain positive that this will work...and you will be successful. Best advice from me would be ... Go into this journey with open eyes, realistically be prepared to work with the band, and not wait/expect for miracles to happen purely from band fills, and follow your providers guidance re food choices/activity/etc. The band is a fantastic tool, but YOU are your greatest asset...:)

Lots of luck x

Carre said:
Hi all im having a band fitted in oct, I'm 30 have 2 kids who I like to blame for most my weight but the truth is its my fault lol
I have 94 lbs to shift and can't wait to get started.......
Any advise or tip would be great

Thank you xxx

Hi and welcome.....I lost 98lb so similar to you! The bulk was off in 6 month it's then slow for the last couple of months....but with focus it's all worth the effort...you get out of it what you put in....enjoy the journey :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Welcome :) I joined here a few weeks ago and had my band fitted last thursday, a decision which took me 7 years to actually finally get done.

Hi thanks for your reply, I'm glad il found this site as I feel so alone at this time love reading all the stories can't wait to start writing my own.!!, xx

I felt as you did too, only my 11 yr old and my aunt know of my decision to have a band, and while others know I've had surgery (stepdad, brother, work) they dont know why. But, having such little support, or someone to turn to (made me miss my mum all the more!) can be quite hard when you're facing such a big thing withing your life. If you ever need anything, want to chat or anything at all, pls do shout :)

Hi Carre - welcome. Hope you find this site invaluable as I do, lots of good friendly and invaluable advice and support from a host of people, some at target weight, some like me a few weeks post op and many like you who are just starting out. Like Flutterby mentions it is not a quick or easy fix, but so worth it if you work with your band as I am just learning to do. Like Kat says, should it you want to know anything or just needs support. Tracey xxx

Thank you so much Top Kat that means a lot, it's so hard to talk to people around me that just don't understand. So glad I joined this site with great people like you here....x

Last edited:
Welcome and I am being banded on the 1st Sept.

We can all do this together as it is a bit scary!

Jane x

Hi Carre - welcome. Hope you find this site invaluable as I do, lots of good friendly and invaluable advice and support from a host of people, some at target weight, some like me a few weeks post op and many like you who are just starting out. Like Flutterby mentions it is not a quick or easy fix, but so worth it if you work with your band as I am just learning to do. Like Kat says, should it you want to know anything or just needs support. Tracey xxx

Welcome and I am being banded on the 1st Sept.

We can all do this together as it is a bit scary!

Jane x

Thanks Jane xx

Back