• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saving for a band

I did ring the hospital group and waiting for them to send out info to me but for some reason they want me to travel to Dublin when cork city is only a 39 mins drive from me

Ugh that's annoying. Maybe their Dublin clinic is the only one with the weight loss facilities.

Ugh that's annoying. Maybe their Dublin clinic is the only one with the weight loss facilities.

I know the cork one use to will ring again tomorrow and try to find more who did you go with in the end ?
forgot to say the other place in cork was the bons hospital they won't touch unless bmi over 40

I know the cork one use to will ring again tomorrow and try to find more who did you go with in the end ?
forgot to say the other place in cork was the bons hospital they won't touch unless bmi over 40

I haven't had anything done yet but I am almost certainly going to use THG. They are very close to me though.
How strange that a private hospital will only do over 40 bmi :confused:

I haven't had anything done yet but I am almost certainly going to use THG. They are very close to me though.
How strange that a private hospital will only do over 40 bmi :confused:

Oh I know I have question it was told you can come in but I know he won't do it unless there is a medical reason

Oh I know I have question it was told you can come in but I know he won't do it unless there is a medical reason

Well, I suppose it's better than them taking money from anyone and everyone, at least they seem to care. But then again, you can always just take your business elsewhere. Weird

Yes you are right it should have been healthier weight how did you find them to deal with? And how is there aftercare ?

It's so hard to make the right choice where did you have it done I have been told it would be Manchester or Birmingham

I had mine done in birmingham and have had no issues. They do surgeries up in Dublin but I do believe that there are certain requirements to have it done there. Give them a call tho, they are really approachable on the phone.

I've got no complaints about their aftercare, although I do have issues with my band that is now being investigated. it has taken them a while to listen to me saying things weren't right, but my band has changed my life.

I'm 11 stone down and just approaching 18 months out, and even though I still have not found the restriction and they believe there's a potential leak with my band, their aftercare has been good. I also have 3 years insurance and warranty with my band which came via HW too. So I also have that to fall back on.

Thank you top_cat I am still waiting on them to send me all the information 3 days later I am going to give them a ring now as I do want it sorted sooner rather the later

Hi all haven't been on in awhile life has just gone mad. Anyway got on to THG 2 weeks ago looking for info then again last week on the Friday spoke to a girl who told me I would be able to get all my aftercare needs taken care of in cork but still no joy of any info coming from them not sure if I could trust them to be on hand if I needed them so here I am nearly 3weeks into this and nothing booked yet on a plus side I have over a 1/3 of the money save already :) and I have come down 6lbs

Well that's brilliant news about the weightloss and savings Hun! I'm sure you'll find something soon x

Hi all haven't been on in awhile life has just gone mad. Anyway got on to THG 2 weeks ago looking for info then again last week on the Friday spoke to a girl who told me I would be able to get all my aftercare needs taken care of in cork but still no joy of any info coming from them not sure if I could trust them to be on hand if I needed them so here I am nearly 3weeks into this and nothing booked yet on a plus side I have over a 1/3 of the money save already :) and I have come down 6lbs

Hi I am booked with THG for a band on the 28th feb, I am like you my BMi is around 35 or 36, I saved up the money to go for the surgery, I'd didn't take me too long cause I was so determined I couldn't wait, I'm on the pre op diet day 4 and lost 4lbs, i am in Scotland and fly to Birmingham the day before op thereafter I will get my fills in Glasgow. So far I have had loads of info emailed to me from the offset and had consultation also in their Glasgow clinic. The lady I dealt with is Judith, she immediately returns any emails and phone calls. Hope you get ther soon x

I am in dublin, and having my consultation next week with Auralia in park west, in dublin 12. They have a whole hospital out there apparently! Then band in on 22nd march if all goes well. My bmi is 37 or so (it fluctuates!) didn't want to travel and felt i wanted somewhere near me for fills and comfort! They seem good so far so fingers crossed!

Back