• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared to drink to much

ipeps

Hi I had my gastric bypass done on the 30/12/14. I am doing the liquid diet but no sure if I am getting enough fluids, does it count when you take the medicines with water and if you know how much fluids can you have in an hour as I am not sure. If I am not taking medicine with fluids I am trying to drink fluids and not sure how much the stomach can take at one time. I am scared that I am going to drink to much because I don't know when I am full up. I had my first protein drink today and its been ok. Its all new to me.

Any advice please

Thank you Sarah: :)

Drinking is very important, just keep the sips small, its better if you can fill a bottle/jug with water to keep a tally of what you are getting, I'm sure you won't do any damage with slow steady drinking, all the best xx

Hi just keep sipping, when you can drink tea/coffee you can measure your intake by how many cups you have but just keep at it, early days yet. I've been lucky I had no problems with getting fluids in :)

A tip I was given when I was newly op was to use a childs sippy cup..as you have to sip from these cups.
Tryed during a sports bottle but I found I still gulped with these...I can drink normal now,but the amount is still quite limited.

I was told to use a straw and just suck up a full straw full and swallow slowly, painfully slow but it worked until I could sip more. :)

Back