• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

second attempt

Jillybean8

Hi, I am back!

OK after the failed attempt on October 17th (where i had spent a couple of weeks telling whoever was ringing from the hospital that I didn't have all the information but I wanted it over and done so I was going ahead anyway and the surgeon cancelled the op right at the theatre door), I now have a new op date.

21st of November. This Tuesday. This time round I have had the missing test done, had the missing visit with the surgeon, the missing evaluation and the missing informative meeting.
I now know how everything is supposed to happen.
Tuesday 7 am check in. There will be 2 ops and they don't know if I will be first or second. Then I spend Tuesday night in intensive care. Wednesday lunch time I will be moved up to a room and can have people visiting whenever.
I will have a dye test for leaks and then they will start tolerance tests with water, then juice then stock.
Thursday more checks and meeting with nutritionist.
Friday if all goes well, home!!!!!
Then they said 2 to 6 weeks until I feel up to going back to work.

Much more confident this time and a huge huge thank you to everyone who was so supportive last month and who gave such great advice. I will be taking headphones and a pillow!

Hugs all,
Jill

Hi, I am back!

OK after the failed attempt on October 17th (where i had spent a couple of weeks telling whoever was ringing from the hospital that I didn't have all the information but I wanted it over and done so I was going ahead anyway and the surgeon cancelled the op right at the theatre door), I now have a new op date.

21st of November. This Tuesday. This time round I have had the missing test done, had the missing visit with the surgeon, the missing evaluation and the missing informative meeting.
Tuesday 7 am check in. There will be 2 ops and they don't know if I will be first or second. Then I spend Tuesday night in intensive care. Wednesday lunch time I will be moved up to a room and can have people visiting whenever.
I will have a dye test for leaks and then they will start tolerance tests with water, then juice then stock.

Much more confident this time and a huge huge thank you to everyone who was so supportive last month and who gave such great advice. I will be taking headphones and a pillow!

Hugs all,
Jill
Good luck to you xx

@Jillybean8 good luck! Hope it goes ok.

Bit of advice..... the drink they give you for the leak test can cause the runs!!! Anything from 20 min to hours afterwards. If you feel like you have wind it might not just be wind! I had my test about 18.00 and woke at about 4 am with wind.... luckily I had been prewarned and managed to get to the loo! For me it lasted on and off for the rest of the day.

Remember to take things easy - lots of healing to go on inside even when only small cuts on the outside!

@Jillybean8 good luck! Hope it goes ok.

Bit of advice..... the drink they give you for the leak test can cause the runs!!! Anything from 20 min to hours afterwards. If you feel like you have wind it might not just be wind! I had my test about 18.00 and woke at about 4 am with wind.... luckily I had been prewarned and managed to get to the loo! For me it lasted on and off for the rest of the day.

Remember to take things easy - lots of healing to go on inside even when only small cuts on the outside!

That's great advice! I shall be very careful!
Thanks

Hi, I am back!

Hugs all,
Jill
Good luck Jilly is it a bypass that your having xx

Good luck Jilly is it a bypass that your having xx

The surgeon says she would prefer to do a bypass but it depends how far they can move my liver out of the way to work and if it's too large it will be a sleeve instead. They won't decide until they are in.

The surgeon says she would prefer to do a bypass but it depends how far they can move my liver out of the way to work and if it's too large it will be a sleeve instead. They won't decide until they are in.
Good luck today, will be thinking of you xxx

Well. It's done. I'm home.
I'm not quite sure how I feel about the whole thing. I shall update when I sort myself out.
All your well wishes are incredibly welcome. Thank you!

Back