• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Falling at the first hurdle

gweni

So I have been a google machine recently and fell in love with the surgeon the clinic great reviews of him on here (belgium guy Chris)

So I got the price i was jumping for joy ready to book but then read things about fills and aftercare

found out none of this is included. I felt sick I was told fills are 90.00 each this will i need loads?

So I wonder is this important? am i missing something should i be asking something?

*going for a gastric band now*

help meeee

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
In my humble opinion - don't go there, unless he can offer you a UK aftercare package.

Aftercare is vital and its not just about the fills.

Go back to them and see what they suggest.

gweni

He comes tot he UK for clinics etc and maybe I didn't word the question right? But it seems that loads of users here have gone to him but surely aftercare is important to more than just me... Hoping people who have used that clinic can give me some feedback more importantly im hoping this is a language barrier problem

his colleague replied with "we have a package, 5 fills for xxx£. Do some research about Dr Debruyne and myself , we ' ve the best reputation in Europe. kind regards, "

maybe I don't understand what is aftercare exactly

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I would 'guess' that these others didn't have/need any aftercare - probably because they didn't have a band?

Good aftercare for a bander would include fills, access to a dietician, weigh in's, support groups etc etc.

jan52

So I have been a google machine recently and fell in love with the surgeon the clinic great reviews of him on here (belgium guy Chris) So I got the price i was jumping for joy ready to book but then read things about fills and aftercare found out none of this is included. I felt sick I was told fills are 90.00 each this will i need loads? So I wonder is this important? am i missing something should i be asking something? *going for a gastric band now* help meeee[/QUOTE
Hi Gwenie.... I have just had a mini gastric bypass with Dr Chris 2 weeks ago. .. I was very well looked after! ... Try ringing the UK number on Belgium surgery services and talk to them re after care. I found the communication a little sparse from Belgium end but the guys in England were very helpful. With mine I won't need the same level of aftercare but hopefully they can advise you if there is a package to include fills or if you pay for them as you need them. The prices are very good for opps though and I met several ladies having bands that were back at the hotel the next day then home.... Good luck with whatever you decide! Jan.