• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any ideas ?

millyrhys

Oils someone give me an idea of how many calories and how much protein I should be having ? I'm 2 weeks post op tomorrow and am on puréed food I've been told I'm not eating enough a few times .... Today was a tin of weigh

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

millyrhys said:
Oils someone give me an idea of how many calories and how much protein I should be having ? I'm 2 weeks post op tomorrow and am on puréed food I've been told I'm not eating enough a few times .... Today was a tin of weight watchers tomato soup over two meals and 4 dairy lea triangles and 1/2 pot of mullet light and 3 milky coffees

Hi

Which type of surgery did you have as it makes a difference as to what you can eat.

I am 6 days post op bypass and eat little more than two dessert spoons of puréed food at a time. We will be quite under nourished untill about 12weeks in when everything settles down. If bypassed you should never be able to eat much more than you can get on a side plate, this how weight loss surgery works, with the added benefit of malabsorption if you had a bypass rather than a band.

Hope this helps.

Paul

you done need to be worrying about calories and protein just yet... when you get onto soft food stage then protien..try to aim for over 60... then when you get onto normal diet... then again protein over 60 and calories between 800 and 1200.
These are the guidelines i have been given but its best to contact your provider to see what they say x

I'm 10 days post op bypass and I was told liquid diet (soup yoghurt) things like that till 4 weeks then it's mashed but no hint to the amount of cals. I think food wise I have about 240cals a day and about 3/4 pint of milk coffees etc.
It's so hard knowing what's best

Back