• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Self image and other folks' perceptions

Karen...
I think charis jacqui and Bev had covered this...
I have a thick skin and could not give a monkeys what people think or say about me....
Please have the mindset you are doing this for yourself xx....Lisa.

Thank you Lisa.

I have 'left hook' moments when I hear of any discrimination... and my skin is quite tough even though I have a soft centre....

Onward and upwards everyone! :character00255:

We are on our way and our journeys are going to encounter all sorts of 'nonsense' but we've seen and heard it all before and just 'squish' it where it belongs...

Or if you see that look again... just ask would you care to '':kissass:''

Loving hugs to all of my wls family xxx

Hahaha... Jacqui....
''when the going gets tough, the tough get going'' ...

... is such a good way of looking at life...

love and hugs xxx

Karen, these thoughts and feelings will take a long long time to go.

I've lost nearly 17 stone and I still think that people are saying/thinking these things.

Don't let the *******s get you down and keep up the fantastic work xxxxx

Well said Mixxy.... it's so irrelevant what others think at the end of the day and you pay the same to use the gym, so turn the other cheek...

It is undeserving when you are trying to help yourself and just get on with it and take no notice of negativity...

As always Mixxy... an amazing weightloss and a brilliant effort to get to where you are ....

Love and hugs xxx

I posted this this morning and then went out so only just got back to it.

I think I mislead you all. No one has said anything or looked at my wrong at the gym. No far from it. The regulars in there seem really nice and one guy must be 70 but by god he's fit for it.

No it was the Butlins thread that got me thinking of how many times people must have sniggered about my weight and probably still do. A bit of paranoia from me and a good helping of truth.

I remember years ago coming off a dance floor in a club and this guy was going on with his girlfriend and he said to me "Out of the way fatty!" His girlfriend went mad at him. Well I bided my time, waited about half an hour and then "accidentally" tipped his pint all over his crotch!

Oh I might be humiliated if people call me fat or anything else but I don't take it lying down ;)

Hahaha and neither should you...

Left hooks soon sorted and a thick skin...

Glad you are getting going Karen and keep going... we have enjoyed a few smiles in any event with our left hooks and so forth...

Keep smiling and going forward Karen it's going so well for you now! Well done! xxx

I posted this this morning and then went out so only just got back to it.

I think I mislead you all. No one has said anything or looked at my wrong at the gym. No far from it. The regulars in there seem really nice and one guy must be 70 but by god he's fit for it.

No it was the Butlins thread that got me thinking of how many times people must have sniggered about my weight and probably still do. A bit of paranoia from me and a good helping of truth.

I remember years ago coming off a dance floor in a club and this guy was going on with his girlfriend and he said to me "Out of the way fatty!" His girlfriend went mad at him. Well I bided my time, waited about half an hour and then "accidentally" tipped his pint all over his crotch!

Oh I might be humiliated if people call me fat or anything else but I don't take it lying down ;)

Love it! Accidentally! LOL!

I've been polishing my walking stick for the next person who insults my wls family... haha... we had a laugh this morning Karen, so it was worth it and don't forget to also polish up 'the left hook' and let no one put any of my wls family in such a position... Charis, Jacqui and myself are ready for anything (haha... I remember the cast of Dad's Army saying exactly the same thing)!

Any one on this journey has gone through it and although we expect it... it's still so painful...

Love and hugs to everyone and at least we have decided how we plan to deal with 'derogatory souls' haha.... xxx

Back