• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September Oppers!!

Wow... there's 17 of us so far! Thats pretty good going. xx

Ive been on my pre op for nearly a week now and am REALLY struggling. The first few days were a real challenge. Im just hoping im doing ok now and that my liver is shrunk enough by the time i have my op.

1 week 4 days till i fly off, 2 weeks today till surgery!! xxxx

My date is 29th September Bypass at Walsall Manor i have to start pre op 2 weeks before.

Are you lot only doing 1 week ?

Ive been on my pre op for nearly a week now and am REALLY struggling. The first few days were a real challenge. Im just hoping im doing ok now and that my liver is shrunk enough by the time i have my op.

1 week 4 days till i fly off, 2 weeks today till surgery!! xxxx

Which pre-op are you doing?

How are you feeling? I'm really calm at the mo, am waiting for the nerves to kick in! Am going to pack my bag at the weekend think that will make it feel real!

Ive just completed week 3 of my 6 week preop diet. Really really struggling today :cry:

OMG!! 6 weeks!

Well done on getting thru yr first 3 weeks thats a fab achievement, what diet are you doing & in what way are you struggling? Anything we can do to help? xx

You poor thing.........Im suiciadal thinking Ive got to do it for 2-3 weeks! I hope it gets easier for you and passes reallllly realllllly quickly X

Which pre-op are you doing?

How are you feeling? I'm really calm at the mo, am waiting for the nerves to kick in! Am going to pack my bag at the weekend think that will make it feel real!

It low cal, very low fat one. That's all ive been told. I was only supposed to be on it for two weeks but the guy at cosmetic bliss said he would recommend im on it for longer than that so will be on it for about 3 weeks.

It's crazy though, im craving stuff i never even liked before, like burgers - i havent had a burger for years! But i could kill for one now. I walked past the bakery today at Tesco and could have quite happily tucked into most of the stuff that they has on offer. But im very pleased to say i resisited!!!

Every time im feeling hungery i nibble on a cream cracker and chew it really well, that seems to satisfy my hunger for the moment.

Apart from that i am alright thank you :D Im trying not to think about it too much, kinda trying to convince myself that i am going on holiday as im flying there. I can only take hand luggage, so have a small carry on suitcase with wheels (pink - lush!!) and have been chucking stuff in every so often when ive found stuff i want to take. Ill pack it properly closer to the time. Im just worrying about little things at the moment, like...i have NO idea about Stanstead airport, where to go or what ever when i get there...maybe someone else on here will know.. ill start a thread :D

Good luck with your packing. Hope its not too stressful :) How long will you be in for? xxx

Hugs

To all of you having your ops in September...I'm with you in spirit and thinking of you all the time.
I just want to send you all a BIG HUG.

My friend Andrea (otherwise known on here as "exboozybird") is having her op on 16th September at St. Richards Chi. She has signed up on here but not used the site much as of yet x

Hi all, Don't know how I missed this one. Thanks Allie for including me. I'm having my op on 4th September at the Spire Manchester.
Started pre-op diet ?23rd July
Pre-op appointment 2nd August
Saw Mr Li 23rd August
Blackout clinic 1st September
By pass 4th September D.V.

I have found the pre-op diet hard owing to family holiday and reunion with siblings etc as well as birthdays. Hopefully my liver will have shrunk. I've lost about 7kgs so far and have never visited the loo so often.

Hope all goes well with all of your ops. Have a safe journey those of you who are travelling far.

Rebirth

Im doing low carb low fat diet. 6 weeks because my BMI is over 50 so the liver was more likely to be extra fatty. I would kill for a Big Mac or a large bag of crisps right now!

x

I think the head cravings are the hardest thing to conquer, you've done amazingly bet that Big Mac or packet of crisps wouldn't taste as good as you imagine they would. xxx

My friend Andrea (otherwise known on here as "exboozybird") is having her op on 16th September at St. Richards Chi. She has signed up on here but not used the site much as of yet x

Thanks Emma will add her. x

Hi all, Don't know how I missed this one. Thanks Allie for including me. I'm having my op on 4th September at the Spire Manchester.
Started pre-op diet ?23rd July
Pre-op appointment 2nd August
Saw Mr Li 23rd August
Blackout clinic 1st September
By pass 4th September D.V.

I have found the pre-op diet hard owing to family holiday and reunion with siblings etc as well as birthdays. Hopefully my liver will have shrunk. I've lost about 7kgs so far and have never visited the loo so often.

Hope all goes well with all of your ops. Have a safe journey those of you who are travelling far.

Rebirth

Well done on getting thru the pre-op with all those events happening.... you'll be well prepared for dealing with things like that the otherside if yr op. xx

Today (day 5 of pre-op diet) is the first day I haven't felt hungry. Also the headaches stopped on day 3 so that was a massive relief. But today, like you, I am sooooo tired. I could go to bed now and sleep all night.

And yes, the head cravings are BAD! I'm dreaming about food these days :(

Back