• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September Oppers!!

I cant stop worrying that my liver isnt shrinking :cry:

:sigh: Me too. I went docs today to get weighed (cant get weighed on our home scales yet :eek:) and found ive lost 5kg! That's 11 pounds same as you! Ive lost that since the 11th August so about a month the same as you! lol, how weird. Im really pleased, I needed to lose 5 kg before my op which i have done so that's one less stress but i too am worried that my liver wont be shrunk enough.
I googled liver shrunken and came across a good site that explained that eating low carb can help. So im trying to do that, its amazing though how much carbs are in things, there was 27g in a tin of oxtail soup!! Scandalous! :rolleyes: xxxxx

Good luck Linzi and karen for tomorrow.
Woo hooooooo , cant imagine the butterflies you must have but we'll soon be watching your weight stats going down and down and down.........
Best of luck
Dawn xxxxx

:)Good luck today Ditzee:)

Hi guys. Linzi texted me to ask had I sorted things out and said yes, but now I'm nervous. She said, and quote ...

"You'll be fine hun. I feel amazing! A bit of pain with wind immediately after my op but since that I only feel like I've done 1000 sit ups. It's amazing Karen you really truly have nothing to worry about. It's the best thing I've ever done."

So nice to hear that.

Although I haven't got the first clue what you feel like after doing 1000 sit ups as never have LOL :D

you'll be fine Karen your in very safe hands :) I'm cacking it to and I've got 2 wks left god knows how i'll be feeling the day before. I want to wish you well hun and you'll soon be on tha losers bench :D Good luck xxx

Hi guys. Linzi texted me to ask had I sorted things out and said yes, but now I'm nervous. She said, and quote ...

"You'll be fine hun. I feel amazing! A bit of pain with wind immediately after my op but since that I only feel like I've done 1000 sit ups. It's amazing Karen you really truly have nothing to worry about. It's the best thing I've ever done."

So nice to hear that.

Although I haven't got the first clue what you feel like after doing 1000 sit ups as never have LOL :D

What a lovely message.
Glad your all sorted now, your next!! :D
xxxxxxxxxxx

Glad to hear she is ok, good luck x

10 days left for me. Pissed off with the hospital though. I phoned last week to try and sort out if I need a filter in my neck for DVTs due to my limited mobility as suggested at my preop appointment and was told that the people she needed to speak to were off until thursday this week but she would call back thursday. She didnt so I left another message. Got a call back yesterday saying 'I didnt know you needed the filter' duh I spoke to you last week! She said she would run down to the clinic and speak to the surgeon and call me back. Did she? No ! Grr! Only 10 days to sort it out if I need it, and my husbands work will be really pissed off about it if I need him off to take me for it as they are already annoyed at the 2 weeks he has asked for (he isnt supposed to have time off in term time as he works in a school (not a teacher)).
Argh!
I cant stop worrying about everything and its making me feel really ill :(
x

I only have 3 days to go! :eek:

I've lost 11lb on my pre-op diet so far, wonder if I can make that into a stone before Tuesday!

Plans for today.........

*Buy comfy knickers for hospital.

*Pack.

*Drink tonnes of water.

I only have 3 days to go! :eek:

I've lost 11lb on my pre-op diet so far, wonder if I can make that into a stone before Tuesday!

Plans for today.........

*Buy comfy knickers for hospital.

*Pack.

*Drink tonnes of water.

Mines on Tuesday too, ive also lost 11 pounds so far and am hoping to make it to a stone by then. Im flying for my surgery tomorrow and so have to do everything today!!
I'm getting quite emotional today actually, maybe its the thought of leaving my family and going on my own, or the actual op, im not sure...bit of both? xxxxxxxx

Good Luck Lucy and Louise.

I start my pre op diet on Wednesday im trying to eat all the goodies now while i still can.

I cant wait for my op.

im gad Linzi is well, and cant wait to hear all the other experiences.

Mines on Tuesday too, ive also lost 11 pounds so far and am hoping to make it to a stone by then. Im flying for my surgery tomorrow and so have to do everything today!!
I'm getting quite emotional today actually, maybe its the thought of leaving my family and going on my own, or the actual op, im not sure...bit of both? xxxxxxxx
Expect it's a bit of both. Well done on the weight loss. Good luck, i PM'd you earlier coz i couldn't rmemeber if you flew out tomorow or Monday..

Expect it's a bit of both. Well done on the weight loss. Good luck, i PM'd you earlier coz i couldn't rmemeber if you flew out tomorow or Monday..

Thanks hun, no doubt ill be on here on sunday and monday night cause the hotel and hospital has wifi :)
I expect it is a bit of both, i think my mum's worried aswell - today we were talking about the op and stuff and i said "y'know when they tape your eyes shut for the operation then take them off again? I will NOT be happy if they rip all my eye lashes out" and she BURST out laughing, lol.
She says if thats all im worried about then ill be fine. Its not but i know what she means :rolleyes: xxx

Hi everyone. Updating from my i phone. After lots of wind pain last night I am now feeling pretty good this morning. A little tender that's all. Had a shower and waiting for my cup of tea.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Good luck to everyone who is due for surgery soon and Karen, that is so inspiring.. you've done so well... makes it easier to prepare for it now we have heard from you... take good care xxx

Back