• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

seriously tempted....

Natalia

I am only on day 4 of my 7 day clear liquid diet... And I'm seriously tempted to start puréed foods... I'm so tired of sweet things and I want something savory.... Besides broth..... Can somebody give me some advice.... Please.... Am I wrong, have u guys had these same feelings??

I think just about everybody has been fed up of the diet at one time or another.

The diets are put in place for a reason though so sticking to them is for your own health. Try and stick with it, you're over half way there :)

I know... 3 more days... 3 more days...
3 more days..... What was the first purée thing y'all had??

I am only on day 4 of my 7 day clear liquid diet... And I'm seriously tempted to start puréed foods... I'm so tired of sweet things and I want something savory.... Besides broth..... Can somebody give me some advice.... Please.... Am I wrong, have u guys had these same feelings??

Advice? yes follow your surgeons schedule it's there to keep you safe

I hear ya! The liquid diet is very boring. First thing I had was yoghurt, then cottage cheese. But let me tell you the mash/puree stuff gets old real quick too! I have about 3 more weeks on pureed.
Not that I'm not grateful, and already reaping the benefits, I am. Just lacking creativity in what to eat at this stage.

It's really quiet strange as the diets do tend to vary so much from hospital to hospital. I've read on her of folks who are not dischaged until they have had a preed meal, so thats done in the first couple of days (or so it would seem).

Now I'm no expert, so it's always advisable to follow the advice of the real pros.

BUT, I had pureed food a day or two earlier than i was supposed to. I started with yogurt and then cheesy mashed potatoes. It really was tiny quantaties, but I needed to have something in my mouth (just being honest).

I felt well and had no ill effects, not that I'm advising you to do it, just sharing my experience.

I definately think I will go with mashed potatoes to start off with.... Mmmmmm I can't believe I'm already plotting!!! LOL

I was given a yoghurt the day after surgery in hospital, to my surprise, but the surgeon said to have it so I did. But nevertheless I had to go on the liquid diet once at home.

I had mashed up cauliflower and cheese sauce. Yummy x

Yep, cauliflower cheese puree rocks! But try to stick to your liquids for a few more days. Your surgeon knows best what's right for you.
Grace xxx

Back