• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Could seriously do with some help!

Ines4C

Okay... Time to be really honest I guess. M In the last month, I only lost 6 pounds. I know it's still a loss, but I am starting to get worried. I'm not even five months out of surgery and don't like the fact my weight loss has slowed down so much! Okay so I was ill for two weeks so couldn't exercise much, and even now my cold is gone I'm still very tired, which of course makes it harder to exercise, but I still eat only 800 to 1000 cal a day... Sometimes 1100 but that's it, and its what my provider recommends! I eat mainly protein and almost never allow myself a treat, as I don't want to dump. I keep carbs to an absolute minimum, and drink mostly water... Although I often struggle to drink enough. I'm also struggling with finding more variety for my diet... Eating is now usually a chore, not something I enjoy. I keep stalling for weeks. I'm also still struggling a lot with eating slowly... I always decide to, and then I lose focus and eat normally... Obviously not as much but still. I'm starting to seriously wonder if I stretched my pouch... I know I probably haven't but I'm just getting frustrated and worried, that's all. My first blood test isn't till November, so I have no way of knowing why I am constantly tired and irritable... Help please!

Hi, not a bypasser but didn't want to read and run!

Do you log what you eat on the daily food thread, some of the regulars on there may be able to help x

Ines. I slowed around the same time as you. The advice I was given by my dietician was to increase my fluids and introduce a carb based snack mid morning and in between dinner. I have a crumpet usually. I have to say it reduced my tiredness and boosted my weightloss again. Give it a go, it may work for you too :)

Have you made contact with your provider first and foremost? To ask their advice, help or what they may suggest? I know you can't have a blood test til November, but you should have access to dietician and support?

I'd certainly get in touch with them and ask for their advice and if they tell you things you've already been doing, ask them if there's different things that you can try. :)

I had a chat with my dietician two weeks ago, that was before the tiredness but my weight-loss had already slow down. She didn't suggest anything that I wasn't doing already ... Except keep your fluids up which I'm trying my best to do.

Paula, thank you very much for your suggestion. Maybe keeping carbs to minimum wasn't ideal after all... Have to remember that a small amount of carbs is not the enemy, lol. Thanks again. X

Up the water and protein in take, try and do bit of exwercise each day even if its just walking. It will start again. xx Try and vary what you eat don't eat the same thing day in day out week in week out, the body is very clever if it thinks its getting the same all the time it holds onto things, hence the stall, set it away again and keep it guessing while you still in the major time when you can lose the most weight. Good luck xxx

Not sure how to up the protein as I'm already eating loads of protein, passbook do my best. Thanks, X

I think you are doing fantastic. Everything by the book but you have to remember everyone is different and what works for one might not work for another. So try playing around for a bit. Try introducing a bit more carbs to give you more energy. Slow release carbs are prob best. Try to increase the water a bit more. Try different exercise to what you do now to see if it changes things up. Try increasing your calories a little - some find under a 1000 just too low to lose weight. Maybe 1100 or 1050. Try all these things but try them at different times, not all together so you know which one helped. How much did you lose last month? because I found a time went on I lost a big number one month and a small number the next. Actually I wrote it down and at six months out I had a good loss of 12lb but the next month I lost 4 pound, then another good loss and then 4lb the month after and so on. It's been like that the whole way along. Now the loses have reduced a lot but every one is different and as long as you are still losing that is all that matters :)

I know I'm 3 months further along than you, but I am in the same position. The last month has been very slow, and this week I gained. I think I have become complacent with the fluids, but otherwise I just wonder if I am beginning to plateau.
At my 3 month check up I was told to increase carbs, and it was great for me, so I think Paula is on the money there. I did 6 weeks on 1000 kcal a couple of months ago, and it made me feel so tired and weak. I eat 1200-1400 a day now, as physically I just couldn't handle how tired I was getting on the lower amount.

You have lost very rapidly thus far, so it may be a case that your body has put the breaks on a bit, the tiredness could be a sign. I think its time for a change around.

Thanks all for your helpful replies. I will definitely up the fluids and will introduce a few more carbs. As for exercise, I'm already doing a fair amount but will keep trying to keep it up as I am very tired right now. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Do you/can you swim? I always found that can mix it up a bit :)

You could try a sublingual vit B12 tablet, might help with your energy levels.

I used to swim every week, don't have the time now that I go to college as I take a long time when I go swimming on my own. :)

I recommend my fitness pal and the gym!

Back