• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

settings

cherry

Is there any way settings can be changed so personnal posts that people put up here do not come up in the search engine on google etc so therefore it makes it harder for interfering nosey 'friends/family' members, harder, to gain access to anything on this site you dont want anyone knowing?...... its the first forum ive used so not sure how it works, obviously there s no 100 per cent full proof method but im sure it would make it harder etc for peoples privacy to be broken... this is the one site where i have freely put my weight up and talked about it to people, my husband doesnt even know it, to just give you a comparision, and i have now removed it and will only post in the 'private' section to make it harder for people to see / search about me... such a shame that people go digging in places there not wanted :sigh:

thanks in advance x

I agree Kelly, it is a shame when people go "digging in places they are not wanted" and I have put up a post about privacy in the news section tonight.

At the moment, all sections can be googled except Bronze diaries and the private area's.

If all areas were totally private or were hard to find because of privacy settings then no one would find the site and it would get stale and fade away. It's a shame that some spoil it for the majority of people that use this site for what it's meant to be used for.

ooo ok i didnt think of that x

I am very understanding of the privacy issue.. and feel it's an important wake up call for everyone to be mindful of either changing their user name to become anonymous... or by not posting their avatar photo... if they wish to remain private.

I have disclosed more on here than anywhere else on earth and feel that I can share my experiences and ups plus downs... but I wouldn't want to share any of this information to anyone else in my life... I feel fortunate to have found you all and would respect anyone having to change their name or leave their avatar anonymous... it's very much a choice issue... and we can feel safe and trusting at times... but it's understandable for those that wish to remain private to do so.. as a matter of choice.

I do hope that whoever has suffered any anguish regarding this issue can feel able to lean on us as individuals if they so wish, it's a sensitive issue to discuss weight and some of our topics at such a personal level and I would feel for anyone who found themselves in a position where they feel their privacy is compromised whilst reaching for support... there is a way around it and I know that we share a mutual understanding to support each other on this forum.

Sending love and hugs as always xxx __________________

Back