• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SHARE YOUR POST OP PAIN

KimSchuh

Hi all,

I'm due to have my gastric bypass this coming friday, but my nerves have just kicked in!

I've read through so many of your guys stories, but not alot of people share what pain they had post-op.

I was just wondering if some of you would be kind enough to share any and all pains you had after the op and how long they lasted.

I think my brain is just in WLS overload at the minute as all I do is eat, sleep, dream it 24/7... lol (well eat it as much as my pre-op liquid diet allows haha)

Thanks in advance..xx

Kim

:553:

I had no paid in my stomach at all but did suffer bad with pain in my shoulder from the oxygen, in hospital i was on paracetamol and tramidol and they sent me home with both but I never took any once home it wasnt needed. I was up getting changed within 10 mins of been bk on the ward. But everyones different hope your op goes well x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Good luck xx I had my bypass last wednesday, i had no pain really not even any wind pain which was great did have a bit of a sore throat but that was a small price to pay.

I had a sleeve and just discomfort in my stomach, the pain I had was in my left shoulder from gas x x x

I hope I don't get much, I'm all ready now, waiting to go down woohoo lol cxx

from me phone :D

Hi

My bypass was virtually painless, all I had was some mild discomfort from the entry point for the drain, other than that there was no pain at all.

Paul

I have a chronic pain condition which amplifies pain so I'm not a person to comment, but I didn't suffer as much as I anticipated.

For a bypass all I would say is be warned all your pain will be under your boobs where your new pouch will of been made. I never get feeling in my stomach area anymore. It's strange!

I had to have open surgery along with the GB I had my gall bladder removed and a hernia fixed. Yes I was in a lot of discomfort but I can't remember if I was in real pain as it was managed very well while I staying in hospital. The most discomfort was from my gall bladder and the tightness of my staples. 6 months post op and its all forgotten about. I've been extremely lucky and not endured any complications and have had very good health since I started eating a regular diet. The first few weeks are the worst while you recover but its more getting used to the new changes than the pain, that soon goes, well it certainly did for me.

Good luck, you'll be fine. Enjoy your weightloss journey :)

I hope I don't get much, I'm all ready now, waiting to go down woohoo lol cxx

from me phone :D
good luck, and congrautulations on reaching the first day of ur new skinny life, i had all my pre ops yesterday now just got 4 weeks till my day, gonna go so slow xxxxx

Thanks a lot every one...

I'm really nervous now its so close!

I have to be in hospital tomorrow but my operation is friday? Is this normal?

Hope every thing went well Caren..xx

In most cases the pain is negligible post op and easily managed hence you don't get too many winging on about it

Felt in a lot of pain when i came around in HDU, but morphine cured this, i also wanted to be sick but was given an anti sickness injection

Once back on the ward the pain was manly in left hand side of neck, shoulder and stomach but i think this was due to gasses, since being home and drinking peppermint tea and being able to (fart) the pain has now gone.

Its all very worth it and like everyone says the pain is manageable xx

Back