• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sharp stabbing pain

trickyvicky

So I'm now 8 days post op and for the last few days I've been getting a sharp pain across the top of my ribs on my left side as well as really bad pains in my left shoulder. It mostly occurs when I've been sat down for too log but is sometimes so bad I find it hard to breathe.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Just seems a little too bad to be wind pain but I've been drinking peppermint tea just in case

Wind pain can be pretty horrid, and that's what it sounds like to me. Moving about was the only thing that worked for me, but did use wondered and stuff like that too. Call yr provider and have a quick chat with them, it will probably put yr mind at rest and if they are concerned they can take it from there x

It sounds like the wind pain I had - admittedly I only had it for about half a day but it really was that sharp. For me the only way to shift it was to walk x

I still have it a bit too every so often 6 days in. not so bad that I am worried now though. I do think it is just wind and/or the band settling in still. I am quite sensitive so think I can feel everything anyway! It's not a horrid pain but I do have to concentrate on breathing a bit still!
Claire x

Mine was horrible but yesterday and today it seems to have subsided a little. Been trying to move around more and I definitely think that's helped.

Back