• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sharp reminder of why i need wls!!!

helen144

HI all

I have just been out with my sisters we went for a meal then drinking in our local town i hate goin out as I always get too hot anyway right on cue as soon as we went in the first bar after a walk from the restaurant i was dripping in sweat all over my face head and neck aaaahhhhhh it drives me mad so I didnt get a drink and just went home leaving my sisters and friends there i cant go out bcos of this it so annoying and embarressing.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Has anyone had this problem and now it has gone since they have lost weight?
I know it is a co morbidity associated to obesity and I have mentioned it on my letter to the PCT.
I am supposed to be going out on the 20th but im not goin to go now cos i cant enjoy myself its bad enough that im fat and stand out without being fat and sweaty with my newly washed and straightned hair stuck to my face and wet through and my make up sliding off and I have to keep dabbing the sweat off my face.

So overall a **** night :-(

But on the plus side i should know by thursday whether i have been given funding (which i doubt) but fingers crossed.

Helen
xxxxxx:cry::cry::cry:

I was ABSOLUTELY like that before my surgery. I feel you on that. Forget having a drink 'cause I was red faced in minutes from the heat! And I lived in Florida most of my life so you can imagine that I always looked as tho I had just had a shower but didn't get very clean!

After my surgery, I didn't want to wear my heavy coat 'cause I thought I would be hot. Now 5 weeks out from surgery, I can't even be inside my warm house without a sweater on. When I go out I am all about the hat, gloves, scarf & heavy coat. I have used the heat in my bedroom every day since surgery but never turned it on the last two winters!!!

It was absolutely a shock to me to find myself never sweating. I used to love winter because I was finally for a few months not boiling hot! Not anymore, I am cold, cold, cold and actually loving it!:)

hi helen i know its a bit of a womens thing sweating like that but i have to tell you ive been like that for some years now and it has stopped me from going into some pubs and clubs. ive now lost with my pre op diet and my op around 4st and i can tell you i upto yet i dont sweat as much but saying that its bloody cold at the mo lol
ps hope you sort your funding out soon bye for now

can i just say phatgirl and helen what the hell are we doing on here at 1-30 am on a sunday morning we should be a sleep lol

Hi Helen I suffered from this and it drove me mad, I was the only one in work that had to have a fan on for every shift and boy did I stand out. Since the op four weeks ago I dont sweat in fact for the first time in years I am cold and its a lovely feeling...I wore a jumper to work yesterday and love snuggling down under the duvet at night now instead of being too hot all the time. I stopped going out due to this so I know exactly where your coming from...xx

I can sympathise with you on that one. As soon as I'm up and moving around I'm sweating buckets but if I'm sat around doing nothing I'm freezing cold and often have to sit with a blanket over me. At night I have to have the bedroom window wide open so the room is freezing cold and I snuggle up under the duvet but with in minutes I'm boiling hot and throwing all the blankets off. Even when I'm boiling hot though, my hands and feet are always freezing cold. Totaly weird. :eek:

i feel very lucky i have never had this problem but my best friend does she is always sweating although she is not hugely overweight i think some people are just more prone to it

Hi Helen
I suffer with sweating really badly but Im sure it has got worse with some of the medication I take, that could be a contributing factor if you take any? I never used to sweat at all and I find it highly embarassing, I have a shower and dry my hair and by the time I am dressed by head is wet again, it's horrible. Looks like Im geting my surgery in Jan so will keep you posted on any improvement.
Sarah

I have the same problem!!! I didnt know it was classed as a co-morbidity though? Interesting.
I hope the problem goes away after surgery too.
Good luck with ur funding x

On my days off I used to try not to wash my hair as like others by the time it was dry I was sweating so badly it was a waste of time. I could not walk up the stairs or even walk and talk at the same time as I would get so hot. In work it was unbearable as the skinny minins wanted the heating on even in summer!...I have not been like that once since the operation. My surgeon said it would cure it almost immediately and it has. I was the only one in work this weekend saying it was cold! That is something they never thought they would hear and they strongly believe I have been changed into someone different whilst off work (they are not aware of the op)...xx

Back