• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shopping list for 2 weeks post opp HELP PLEASE

sammyc

Im having my opp in 13 days and know i wont feel like going shopping can anyone tell me what i should get for 2 weeks post opp things i will be able to eat all help needed please guys x

im sure your surgeosn will be able to gice you a list they would prefer you to have,

from reading on here people have been having protein shakes made with milk, cups of tea, soups (with no lumps and sometime watered down) or you could make your own soups so you can watch the amount of sugar and salt in them :D

id call your hospital and ask though and explain you want to get it all pre-op, im sure they will send you what you need :D

im sure your surgeosn will be able to gice you a list they would prefer you to have,

from reading on here people have been having protein shakes made with milk, cups of tea, soups (with no lumps and sometime watered down) or you could make your own soups so you can watch the amount of sugar and salt in them :d

id call your hospital and ask though and explain you want to get it all pre-op, im sure they will send you what you need :d

yeah they give me a list with a few things on but i thought its best to ask people that really know lol
they say clear soups but aint got a clue what that really means lol like what flav or brand is best lol
just wanna have everything ready

clear soups i presume are like minestrone without the bits?
homemade veggie soup
oohh just thought of chicken and sweetcorn soup...again without the bits lol

im sure someone else will be able to give you more ideas, im pre-op and have to wait forever before i think about this stuff lol

A nurse gave me the best tip, as long as it can get through a sieve this is good to have texture wise. hth

Consomme is clear soup, but Bouillion which is stock granuals and or stock cubes are exactly the same sort of thing.
No Added Sugar squash (NAS squash)
NAS crusha milkshake mix
Horlicks (low fat)
It depends on how long your on each stage, I am on liquid 2weeks but I have had a wrap & each provider recommends different things, list whats on the list you;ve been given and we can offer some additions if poss xxxx

so could i have tom and oxtail soup do u think would it be better to get weight watchers soups better than hinze

Consomme is clear soup, but Bouillion which is stock granuals and or stock cubes are exactly the same sort of thing.
No Added Sugar squash (NAS squash)
NAS crusha milkshake mix
Horlicks (low fat)
It depends on how long your on each stage, I am on liquid 2weeks but I have had a wrap & each provider recommends different things, list whats on the list you;ve been given and we can offer some additions if poss xxxx

milk
clear soups
build up soups
ovaltine
slimfast
stock cubes or bovril
custard (thin)
tea or coffee

Lol I am lucky I already gave these things inmy kitchen. Especially the petit filous. I am guessing powdered custard would be best then? I am also gonna add Jelly to this list :)

I've beem home since Tuesday and mainly eaten soup and slimfast... Believe me, you won't feel like much the first week....
They say stay away from Heinz soup, mind you I had tomato, day 2 and was ok.(only 1 in house). But, i had the fresh kind by Covent Garden yesterday and I think I 'dumped' extreme tummy ache and diahorria?????
I have made my own veg soup with a stew pack from greengrocer, 2 veg stock cube, enough water to cover, cook until soft, add milk and blend... Been nice.

Main things are: soups, slimfast, oxo, yogurts, NAS squash, lots and lots of water.....

fizzwoods said:
I've beem home since Tuesday and mainly eaten soup and slimfast... Believe me, you won't feel like much the first week....
They say stay away from Heinz soup, mind you I had tomato, day 2 and was ok.(only 1 in house). But, i had the fresh kind by Covent Garden yesterday and I think I 'dumped' extreme tummy ache and diahorria?????
I have made my own veg soup with a stew pack from greengrocer, 2 veg stock cube, enough water to cover, cook until soft, add milk and blend... Been nice.

Main things are: soups, slimfast, oxo, yogurts, NAS squash, lots and lots of water.....

Maybe try the weight watchers tomato soup? Xx

you can also have sugar free jelly I have hartleys jelly and you would never know it has no sugar.I have been on liquids for 4 weeks, I start pureed this Mon

I get my date this week.... Its soooo exciting. I need to practice making soup. Would blitzed stew be okay you reckon?

Hi

Re Tomato soup, it's best to stay away from this as its very high in sugars, unless you are making your own and can regulate the added sugar. Don,t know if it's the same with the weight watchers version though.

Paul

Back