• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping ready for post op

ReadyToDoIt

With five weeks to go until VSG, I'm starting to get organised with things that I'll need post op.

I have a standard blender, but would you recommend a handheld blender also?

What about a juicer?

Also, my nutritionalist suggested making up batches of homemade soup and liquidising them for the purée stage and freezing them in ice cube trays. I'm having a hard time visualising defrosting an ice cube size cup of soup!!

I've bought whey protein powder, and I'm gathering all my vitamins.

Mashed potatoes seem to be recommended as a staple for the purée food, but I thought we were meant to avoid carbs and concentrate on protein?

Any additional tips to get prepared would be greatly appreciated as I won't have much time off work so need to be ready. Hopefully my husband will manage to prepare food for himself and the kids for the first few weeks.

My hand blender was a godsend........ for small amounts it would have been a pain getting out the big blender everytime :) i have a soup maker machine so found it easy to make batches of soup up and then froze the rest...... lots of small containers from the £1 shop are worth having ............ Cant say about freezing icecube size portions mind, think i was on 100ml of soup (if i remember rightly) so small containers yes are a must. I eat a lot of mash on puree stage, one its easy and perfect consistency............. the carb worries go out the window at this stage, its more about getting something in ............all that comes later :)
Hope some of that helps x x x gl x x x

That does help, thank you. I've bought a handheld blender. Got sugar free ice poles in the freezer, a drinks bottle for my water targets, protein powder to kick protein levels up, chewable vitamins, and small containers.

Does anyone take B12 supplements? My nut said I would need to come in for an injection every three months, but then I saw a supplement of B12 in the shop. Won't that do?

Back