• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass op moday

Birchstart

Have been excited and nervous all at the same time. Went to see Mr Whitelaw at L & D on 3rd april when we decieded a bypass was the best option for me. 11th april 3 appointment all passed and 23rd given as my date, milk diet started on 13th. Op is monday evening at 5.30pm
Was wondering if any one could tell me the best things to do for the first two weeks of recovery.
Not been able to sleep properly since starting the milk diet.
Want to go shopping monday morning and would like some help in what to buy.
Have made some chicken soup and blended it right down and froze it in ice cube trays.

Sleep is probably the best thing I did. And walking. And showering. I felt more alive after a shower than at any other point in the day.

Are looking at shopping for what to take with you? If so i would say 2 or 3 changes of night wear, towel, wash kit, i pod something to read, slippers dressing gown, bit cash not much else needed. AS for after the op you won't really be able to lift so get done in the house what you can because changing beds and thing slike that you will need helpwith. I would get them all done the day before you go in then you have a t leat a week or 2 depending on how often you change things, before they need doing again. Bit like having a baby. Better if you have a partner who is going to be there to look after you or close friend or relative. Apart from that its normal things. xx

Have been excited and nervous all at the same time. Went to see Mr Whitelaw at L & D on 3rd april when we decieded a bypass was the best option for me. 11th april 3 appointment all passed and 23rd given as my date, milk diet started on 13th. Op is monday evening at 5.30pm
Was wondering if any one could tell me the best things to do for the first two weeks of recovery.
Not been able to sleep properly since starting the milk diet.
Want to go shopping monday morning and would like some help in what to buy.
Have made some chicken soup and blended it right down and froze it in ice cube trays.
just wanted to say good luck for monday,im having my bypass on the 3rd may,love nicky,xx

easy things to liquidise

Was thinking about things i could liquidise or buy to put in the cupboard. Other half doesnt drive and we live about 30 mins from supermarket.

Just depends what you are allowed to haev after your op each hospital has their own ideas on wether you go on pureed or more of the liquid diet. Just keep doing wot u doing with the soup etc. without knowing which diet you will have to follow cant say more than that really. x

Have you had a diet sheet? for the first two weeks, milk, condensed soups made up with milk, smooth low fat yoghurt (like frubes or petit filous) Slimfast (yuk) complan (yuk) or build up (I gave up by this point). Sugar free angel delight/sugar free custard.
Yoghurt drinks, smoothies, blended soups with high protein.

Until yesterday I was pretty miserable. My head hurt constantly, I had a sore throat and I felt sore and full of wind. The minute the wind passes you feel better. I still have soreness around my drain wound, made worse because me being me, I tried to sleep on my side:rolleyes:
However am better with each day - I am really noticing when I need food as I feel muzzy and a headache starts to set in, but can't manage more than half a ramekin or half a yoghurt most of the time.

I have lost 11lb since op day (monday). I feel like I finally have a chance to lose the weight and live the way I want to live.

wow thats a good weight loss since monday. At least i have some idea what to expect. But now you have passed the worst stage and your life begins.
Would be nice to keep in touch as only a week between op dates maybe we can help each other

Back