• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping...

Ps looking for recommendation on swimsuits. Tried on my best one and the weight gain has ruled it out until post bypass. I am considering getting one with legs but the legs all look a bit short. I have seen some cropped Bohn swim leggings that look good but still would need a swimsuit. Sports direct have some Slazenger boyleg swimsuits that are really quite cheap in my size. But the boob area has no support whatsoever. Anyone recommend anything? Holiday in less than 2 weeks :eek:
Got this from asda at the weekend £14 has a frill skirt to hide belly ,padded boob area but no under wire, you, can tighten halter straps to uplift boob area,

Attachments

• image-4272399833.jpg
    image-4272399833.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 30
B H S have some nice swim wear in, got two costumes the other day.

T B have you got sorted on the bras.

I just rang my online company and had a good chat with them. They have reccomended I try another make with a different cup size. It is cheaper than my usual and looks sturdy:D. They said if it is not suitable to send it back and they will suggest something else. It was worth having a chat with them - they have always been very good. I think I am always going to have a problem no matter how much weight I lose - it just means they get saggier -and at my age only surgery is going to change that:(.

TB x

Thats a lovely swimsuit Curls. :) i need a bit more support and something to hide the top of my legs unfortunately. I had a look at Tkmaxx, Tesco and Sports Direct today. Nuffink.

Been in Debenhams today they have 20% off swimwear, loads of control ones mine also has a frills on the bottom to hide top of thighs x

Tesco had bottoms with a wee swim skirt in peach and in black this morning I find a tankini and a bottom suits me better. Huge droopy boobs lol a costume which will fit my bottom half won't accomodate my puppies ;-)

Actually Bon marsh have some lovely tankini tops and do loads of costumes with skirts

Thanks for some great suggestions ladies. I am still too much of a feartie to show the tops of my legs at the moment so I have ordered some jammers and a cossie to wear with them fingers crossed they fit, if not its plan B and a bag over hubbies head to spare him the embarrassment. I think i just attached a photo of them.

Attachments

• image-2392972055.jpg
    image-2392972055.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 43
Can anyone recommend an easily a ailable sports bra? Just for after my op. Do not want to spend too much but something I can pull lver my head or fasten at the front?

Hi Weegie have you tried Asda, Tesco etc? I have lots of 'comfort' bras which are like a sports bra and you just pull them on. I'm only a C cup though, if you were bigger they might not give enough support. I've even seen them in Poundland!

Hi Weegie have you tried Asda, Tesco etc? I have lots of 'comfort' bras which are like a sports bra and you just pull them on. I'm only a C cup though, if you were bigger they might not give enough support. I've even seen them in Poundland!
Thanks Florabell, I found a couple in Sainsburys, not really much support but perfect for pulling on over my bead and keep my modesty lol. About a fiver each, I did look at sports bras but most of them needed fastening and thats the bit I struggle with.

Well I sort of sorted the bra issue thanks to the lovely ladies at the online store that I use.

My weight loss has been slow but steady which I expected. However even I have to concede that my loss is very noticeable and my clothes are all now way too big. However I have now got a head thing going on about clothes and getting new stuff. I have so many clothes hardly worn and I feel guilty about going to get more. My deeper fear is that none of this is real or permanent and I will regain weight and not fit anything I buy now in 6 months time. I know it is irrational but I cannot get past it. I know I will have to because you can only go so far with belts and safety pins.

I don't know what it is. Perhaps I just don't want to know what size I am now. Given sizes vary anyway what is it going to tell me anyway?

I just feel very confused and frightened. The scales are telling me I am a weight I have not been for about 25 years. I did not think I would get to this stage. Any advice anyone?

TBx

Well I sort of sorted the bra issue thanks to the lovely ladies at the online store that I use. My weight loss has been slow but steady which I expected. However even I have to concede that my loss is very noticeable and my clothes are all now way too big. However I have now got a head thing going on about clothes and getting new stuff. I have so many clothes hardly worn and I feel guilty about going to get more. My deeper fear is that none of this is real or permanent and I will regain weight and not fit anything I buy now in 6 months time. I know it is irrational but I cannot get past it. I know I will have to because you can only go so far with belts and safety pins. I don't know what it is. Perhaps I just don't want to know what size I am now. Given sizes vary anyway what is it going to tell me anyway? I just feel very confused and frightened. The scales are telling me I am a weight I have not been for about 25 years. I did not think I would get to this stage. Any advice anyone? TBx

Sorry no advice.. I am actually going through similar issues myself.

I still have all the old clothes from my biggest.. And all the different sizes i've bought so far.. And i just cant take them to charity shop as i think i will need them soon.. Its surreal this weight loss and my brain refuses to believe its not just a dream.. I am terrified i will regain weight soon.. It just feel like a waste of money getting clothes.. As i am comvinced they will not fit again.. I am freezing as i refuse to buy a coat atm.. I just cant justify..

The fact that i am not sure if the weightloss has stopped now or will i be able to shift some more weight.. Doesnt help aswell..

Noone understands me why., i am suppose to be happy buying the whole new wardrobe and more and showing off my new body.,.. Thats what i am always told and everyone look at me like i am just alien or pretending when i tell them the thoughts and issues in my head.. And how much effort it takes to actually convince myself to get something that i really need (like a bra or a coat as the weather is cooling down and so on..)

Having personal experience of a 4 and a half stone regain I can tell you it is much easier to gain when you have a wardrobe full of bigger sizes.

Easy to slip on the next size up and put it down to a temporary glitch or being bloated....

Easy to promise yourself you will tackle it after Xmas, holidays, when you feel better....

Easy enough to make excuses when you are now two sizes up...

RINSE AND REPEAT

Get rid. Give em to charity, or eBay the good stuff and put it towards a new coat or whatever.

Seriously, dont set yourself up.

Get rid.

Go shopping when its quiet like first thing Monday morning. Take a friend if you can. Get measured for a bra etc properly. Pick out all the basics. And then go from there.

:). Just my tuppence worth.. Hope to follow this myself this time. Last time I kept just a dew nice things too good to throw out. Arrfgghhh.

I have got rid of my fat clothes size 24 to 22 ,
Sold best bits on eBay ,
Bras gone too ,
Look forward not back ,

Well I saw my two sisters over the weekend and asked my younger sister if I could try on the jeans she was wearing. They both thought I had finally lost the plot but she obliged and stripped off. She thought they were from New Look but we couldn't be sure from the label. They were a 16 and I got into them. I didn't like the fit as they were baggy round the bum and because of my tummy were not sitting well at the front and gaping at the back. They and I were in shock given I was in a 30/32 18 months ago. I need to get out to a few shops and see what is comfortable in jeans. I have lots of tops so as baggy as they are they are wearable but need to get some new jeans. Still have not tackled sorting through my clothes but have decided to take the good advice here and get rid of those that do not fit and move forward:).

TBx

Hello ladies! Just a little tip from an ex-bra-fitter - no two bras are the same. You can never truly say "I'm a D-cup" or "my back size is 38" as every factory, manufacturer, and even bra design is different. I have fitted larger ladies who swore they were over a 40 back and actually they fitted better into a 38 back with a bigger cup size.

My advice is - try them on no matter what. Even if you're going back to the same shop and choosing the same bra you bought six months ago. You will have changed, the bra you're wearing will have changed - and most annoyingly, the manufacturer may have changed the specifications.

I agree with a previous post - balcony is great for shape and uplift, but if you are doing any sort of physical activity a balcony bra doesn't give you enough support at the top of your boobs. Any jiggle is potentially harmful when doing sports or vigorous activity.

But less seriously - boobs are brill! Embrace them no matter what they look like! :D x

Back