• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping

charliegirl

Just spent a lovely few hours shopping, bought everything in size 14 and got some real bargains...New Look had just put out a load of trousers less than half price and they are lovely material....got a few tops as well to tide me over the next few months....it was still hard to pick 14's off the rail and leave the 16's as I had worn them for so long prior to surgery. Came home and tried everything on to much delight of my cats watching me run around like a mad women with delight...xx

Thst must be such a great feeling Linda but one note of caution it could just be too much for the cats seeing you running all over the house shouting with joy.

Good luck

M

way to go i bet it was a great feeling knowing that the size 16's were behind you forever.

i have just put on the new pair of trousers i bought for work, only to discover the waist is massive now, so its time for the black thread and needle. I have officially lost 1/3rd of me excess weight, but not telling what it is so far this week until saturday

cant wait til i'm in that situation CG how fantasic. Can't wait to see the results in person.

way to go i bet it was a great feeling knowing that the size 16's were behind you forever.

i have just put on the new pair of trousers i bought for work, only to discover the waist is massive now, so its time for the black thread and needle. I have officially lost 1/3rd of me excess weight, but not telling what it is so far this week until saturday

Wow thats really good chick....I wore my new size 14's to work and none of the "girls" commented but a bloke did lol...xx

CG girls notice they just dare not comment because their envious, blokes notice and comment in the hope it will get them something

Tonight one of our staff said he did not recognise me as he has not seen me since christmas, more like he walks around in a dream world, then another male member of staff said to me 'are you dieting?' LOL as if i am going to lose weight any other way

I know what you mean about girls noticing but not saying....there I was all dressed in my size 14's when one of the clique came in and her two "partners" said wow you look skinny to her....I just laughed to myself. Got major problems in work with food now as we work shifts and they are very erratic ie 11-9pm, 5pm-3am, and so forth, you normally get your break 4 or 5 hours after you have started which gets worked out equally so some ref earlier and some ref later. We have moved into a new room and they have banned us totally from eating at the desks apart from drinks and sweets!!!. I took a small tub of grapes yesterday and whilst doing a two hour radio stint and being unable to get up to get a drink I popped a grape into my mouth put the lid on the tub and then got back to working the radio. 10-15 mins later team leader comes over and whispered in my ear that I cant eat. I told him I had had one grape as my mouth was dry and that had been over 10 mins ago. He persisted until I burst into tears (got PMT too :cry:). What hacked me off was prior to that a girl ate an apple and another ate a bag of crisps and nothing was said. But then again they are from the clique. How they can condone you eating sweets which is unhealthy and nothing else is beyond me. The union is fighting it but I feel daft for starting to cry. I was stressed with the radio and PMT and just wanted to refresh my mouth. Also nothing was said about his team leaving dirty tea cups and tea stains all over the desks in the brand new room we are suppose to keep tidy...oh and I did point that out to him...so :copon::copon::copon::copon::copon:to him...xx

CG i can understand exactly where your coming from, periodically we get told we are not allowed to eat or DRINK in our control room, but we are so short staffed manning it sometimes that its impossible to leave it for more then a minute at a time. One day the failities manager came in during one of these periods, we had ordered take away (post op) so i looked at him pointed to the food and said i am eating it here ok? he looked around grinned and said ok, he knew the manning problems we were having. since there there has not been a problem.

Hope the PMT clears soon, i hate it and was shocked at how bad i had it this month after several years of only mild PMT. I was not expecting that especially after having a replacement mirena just before christmas

CG i can understand exactly where your coming from, periodically we get told we are not allowed to eat or DRINK in our control room, but we are so short staffed manning it sometimes that its impossible to leave it for more then a minute at a time. One day the failities manager came in during one of these periods, we had ordered take away (post op) so i looked at him pointed to the food and said i am eating it here ok? he looked around grinned and said ok, he knew the manning problems we were having. since there there has not been a problem.

Hope the PMT clears soon, i hate it and was shocked at how bad i had it this month after several years of only mild PMT. I was not expecting that especially after having a replacement mirena just before christmas

Thanks chick for understanding where I am coming from....I have to say since the surgery my PMT seems to have got more intense but for a lesser time....only working 7pm-3am this evening so will eat before I go and going to keep my head down and get on with my work....mind you the loudest of the clique is not in tonight so it should be a much better evening...lol...its a good job they pay us so well because there are not many other perks...they are having a team leader meeting in two weeks to discuss the issue of eating to find a way to keep us all happy....to me its plain and simple we are adults we keep the place clean and tidy and respect are work surroundings or the culprits get penalised.....xx

Linda, keep ur chin up and don't let them get you down, they're obviously being unreasonable and if they have a meeting then at least then they'll have to have a definate rule followed by all. Its not the can't eat bit thats upsetting, its seeing others obviously flautning it.

Stay positive and if not...blame the PMT and knock em out!!! ROFL

CG the meeting is a positive thing as long as management are not part of the clique, we have one at work as well, i also am not submerged in it. In fact they irrate the life out of mee with their pettiness and obvious flaunting of rules, some quite major ones.

currently i am waiting a day shift to talk to our site manager as one person in the clique is being trained into a level i have asked for numerous times over the last year. each time something comes along to 'prevent it' ie undermanning. I no longer accept undermanning as a reason time they got their fingers out their rear ends and did something otherwise i will use the union, especially as i put in a grievance a year ago about unfair practises

Just spent a lovely few hours shopping, bought everything in size 14 and got some real bargains...New Look had just put out a load of trousers less than half price and they are lovely material....got a few tops as well to tide me over the next few months....it was still hard to pick 14's off the rail and leave the 16's as I had worn them for so long prior to surgery. Came home and tried everything on to much delight of my cats watching me run around like a mad women with delight...xx

WoW Thats Fabulous, Well done you! and ignore them stupid work people they are just soooooooo Jealous of you and they should be lol because your gorguess.
Keep ur chin up XXX

Hi CG, whats the difference???? grapes are eaten quicker so should'nt affect your work.Sweets take longer to eat and then there's the wrappers making a mess. Tell them to B***S or you'll start talking on the radio with a mouthful of toffee. Take care, Gaynorxxxxx

Hi Chick its all about the mess food will make in the brand new office...people are starting to rebel...there is a team leader meeting been called with the inspector on 16th march and someone has also involved the union and occuy health. I have to say I went light headed a couple of times as only eating small meals sometimes its nice just to nibble a bit of fruit etc...we have been told if we want to eat to pop out of the room for a few minutes and eat...wonder what they will say when half the room goes at the same time lol.xxx

tell them that they should think themselves lucky that the crap you've had to put up with, you're not demanding that they sit next to you and peel the damn grapes for you x x x

Back