• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shortness of breath and constipation

SAM55

Has anyone experienced long lasting shortness of breath after eating over a period of more than a few days?

At over a year out I thought I had experienced all the problems with ongoing bouts of constipation. However, this bout is different in that it seems to come and go but not for long. Have resorted to Senna and lactulose which are helping a bit but each time I eat something I become breathless to the point where I nearly pass out. My BP also suddenly drops. I have been monitoring it daily because it has been too high for months due to the uncontrolled sleep apnord(long story).

I am wondering whether I might have a blockage that has got impacted even though I am going every day and more than once. I have a GP appointment anyway on Friday but wanted to find out if this was common please?

Sorry I don’t have the answers but please let us know how you get on with GP and if you are at all worried that something isn’t right before th3 appointment or if things get worse please go to A and E. Xx

Thanks Bling. :)

Saw GP and she examined me and doesn't think it is anything other than constipation, so onto a stronger laxative to see if it can shift it. To go back in 5 days if no better.

That’s a relief......well it will be for you when meds start to work lol, hope you soon feel better xx

Back