• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Six months post op

Ines4C

So on the eighth of this month, it has been my six month surgiversary. I had a party with friends last Sunday, to celebrate this. It was a time of reflection, how far I've come in the six months. How far my confidence has grown, how much more I can do... Sometimes I still step back and think, is this really me, jogging down the road where I used to struggle even walking with back pain, bending down easy, getting up an hour earlier on a Sunday just to do some exercises? It's hard to believe sometimes, but yes, it is me!! I can go home to Germany for Christmas with my head held high, knowing that I do not need an extension belt on the plane, that nobody has to move to another seat because I am to large and need two seats, that I don't have to be afraid about keeping up with the person walking too fast when guiding me in the airport, that my weight and the negativity of it will not be the number one topic every day with my family. They may still talk about me, but maybe it will be more about how proud they are of me, and less about how big I am. To the party on Sunday I was wearing my first ever skinny jeans, size 16. I bought them from Newlook months ago, deciding that I wanted to shrink into them. They fit me now. Here is the picture, I have put it up on my diary and my picture thread as well.

Attachments

• image-903627864.jpg
    image-903627864.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 81

top_kat

Well done to you - you've done so well, lost so much weight, but my goodness, you look years and years younger!

:)

Ines4C

Well done to you - you've done so well, lost so much weight, but my goodness, you look years and years younger! :)
that's incredible you should say that, at least three people have said the same thing in the last week. I'm so thrilled it's unreal!! :)

Lincs Lass

You look wonderful - well done and I hope your family are very very proud of you xx

Ines4C

I think they are. I think this year will be the first year ever that I will enjoy going shopping for clothes with mum.