• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep apnea test waiting list time Leeds

voluptuouschick

Happy new year everyone!!
could anyone be kind enough to tell me if they had to have a sleep apnea test how long were you waiting for an appointment with the sleep clinic please?
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there

I'm in Leeds but was lucky not to need this test so I can't help you with your particular question.

Just wanted to say hi and offer any support that you need. I had my surgery 6 weeks ago and am feeling amazing having lost overy 3 stone so far.

I'll be here with any words of support you need or questions

Alia xxx

thank you so much wlh & Alia!! :)
crikey it's my hubbys fault ive to have one as he told them I snore!! rofl I don't fall asleep at bad moments though so really dont think I have it but I guess its better to be safe than sorry though lol (grrrrrr bloody hubbys, never say owt then when they do its the wrong things!!! lmao)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alia!!!
3 stone in such a short space of time is AMAZING!!! well done!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks very much for that, its always so nice to get such positive comments.

Have they given you any idea of how long it will be until you get the date for your surgery?

Not really Alia,
she just said it might put me back a little bit but it was worth it in the end if it turned out I had sleep apnea but if I didn't the op would be quite quick, so I am hoping the waiting list for the sleep clinic doesn't take ages now, I have got myself all mentally prepped so you will be able to imagine I really want to get on with it now & over & done with it's been dragging on forever lol

My hubby says he listens to me while I am asleep (ugh!! lol) & he has never heard me stop breathing ever, he says I snore (I have always snored lol) but never have stopped breathing so... fingers crossed.
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fingers crossed it does n't take long. What I can tell you is that once all the checks are completed it does n't take long at all to get your date.

When I saw the dietician for the first time (Mary Okane) she said she would n't put my case to the pannel because I was showing signs of being a grazer but that she would see me in a month and see if I had made any changes. When I went back the next month I'd lost 2 kilos and started to try to have some kind of regular meals and she said she was pleased with my progress and she was happy to put me to pannel. She called me a couple of days later and said the pannel agreed to fund the surgery and I had an appointment to see Mr Pollard with in a week or so and when I saw him, he gave me my date for my surgery then and there. It was 6 weeks from that date till the surgery.

Keep your spirits up, hopefully you will fly through the sleep apnea test and you won't be delayed at all.

Out of curiousity where abouts in Leeds are you?

Alia xxx

wow Alia,
that is a massive help to me thank you hun!!
it's been going on for ages all this, starting when my gp wrongly referred me straight to the surgeon! it then took 5 weeks for them to reply & tell my gp he had done so & that i needed to be sent to weight management, so I then had to wait for an appointment for there, luckily I got a cancellation but this was still 3 months down the line, then it took another 4 months to see Mary & then bless her she let me know I had been awarded funding a fortnight later but needed these apnea tests so here I am waiting yet again lol
I live in Calverley which comes under Pudsey, where are you hun?
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxx

wow Alia,
that is a massive help to me thank you hun!!
it's been going on for ages all this, starting when my gp wrongly referred me straight to the surgeon! it then took 5 weeks for them to reply & tell my gp he had done so & that i needed to be sent to weight management, so I then had to wait for an appointment for there, luckily I got a cancellation but this was still 3 months down the line, then it took another 4 months to see Mary & then bless her she let me know I had been awarded funding a fortnight later but needed these apnea tests so here I am waiting yet again lol
I live in Calverley which comes under Pudsey, where are you hun?
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxx

I'm in Chapel Allerton but still not that far away.

Is n't Mary a sweetheart. I got really upset with her when she would n't put me to pannel the first time I saw her and ended up in tears cause I felt like she was taking my chance away from me. However I did as she asked and she was then more than happy to present my case. I've got an appointment to see her mid January and I'm really excited for her to see how much weight I've lost.

Alia xxx

Back