• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Apnoea test last night

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya had my sleep apnoea test in the Royal Salford hospital last night, hardly slept though as was so hot and uncomfortable, just hope they get a bit of a reading, has anyone had this....

:cry:

Yeap, and now I have to sleep every night with a cpap machine, the wife didnt like it when I kicked her out of bed though lol

No serious, yes I have, and I am even taking my machine to hospital with me.

You have to take you cpap machine in to hospital with you as they can refuse to operate on you with out it

hi all, i have used a CPAP machine for years and now find it hard to sleep witout it
since loosing weight the machine has been turned down and they are saying that i may be without it alltogether soon ( dont know if i will be able to sleep )

rich

I got diagnosed with Sleep Apnoea in February following pre gastric surgery op tests and I am now established with my machine which like others have said I will need to take the machine into hospital when I have my op. It took a few weeks to get used to it but now I sleep very well with it and it has given me much more energy during the day due to having deep sleep with the mask on.

I hope I don't have to have it for life, but my husband is ok with it and we 'manage' around it lol!! I'm not sure I would want to sleep without it currently :)

I have had mine for over a year and can't sleep without it now. Don't worry about them not getting a reading when I had my test done I was up and down all night and left the hospital at6:30 because I couldn't sleep, and they still got a reading

Xx

I did mine at home last week, and i go for my results on june 29th.
My partner noticed several times where my sats dropped to 60% and my heart rate was up to 221... and thats just the ones we noticed.

it is just coincidental I am having these tests done at the same time as having been referred for WLS, guess it may save some time later

Yes will save you time hun x

Had my test at home monitor strapped to my finger next morning took it back to hospital where they downloaded the data.Totally agree i dont think i could sleep without it now ha.

Had my test at home monitor strapped to my finger next morning took it back to hospital where they downloaded the data.Totally agree i dont think i could sleep without it now ha.

thats the test i had done at SRH, my fiancee went to newcastle Freeman and had straps on her chest and all sorts !

Does everyone have to have a sleep apnoea test?

Hi im not too sure but i do think so hun as if you have sleep apnoea you have to be placed on a high dependency ward after your operation due to you stopping breathing when asleep. x

How do they do the test

sleep apnea test can be done at home sometimes,mine and my partners both were.
One involves wearing a little monitor on your finger (dont know if you know the ones used in hopsitals etc to check your heart rate and oxygen levels)

Another involves this and straps round your chest, and a small canula in your nose (one of those small tubes they use to give you oxygen when in hospital)

All I had was the clip on my finger, i dont know why they use the different ones etc. Get my results next week

I had a box on my chest with two straps, and finger probe bandaged on, and tube up my nose, was not great to sleep, and not sure if i did lol x

Back