• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep apnoea why?

pollybree

I have had a letter from my gp telling me that the hospital are going to send me an appointment for sleep apnoea/sleep study test?? I did not say I had sleep apnoea on my form, I just said I snored badly which keeps my partner awake (even when hes in the next room!) why are they still going to test me I wonder? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

top_kat

because snoring at that level is an indicator of sleep apnoea ...so I. Would say its quite obvious why they are doing so - especially as It could be a factor with anaesthetic

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
I have had a letter from my gp telling me that the hospital are going to send me an appointment for sleep apnoea/sleep study test?? I did not say I had sleep apnoea on my form, I just said I snored badly which keeps my partner awake (even when hes in the next room!) why are they still going to test me I wonder? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Snoring does not necessarily mean you have sleep apnoea but it is one of the main indicators of the condition and can not be disregarded. Having undiagnosed or mismanaged sleep apnoea can lead to major complications under general anaesthesia. I can only assume that since you are seeking WLS you must be severely overweight and being so also makes you highly predisposed to the condition. Therefore your GP is doing the correct thing by you by sending you for a sleep assessment.

Good luck on your journey :)