• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep clinic?

caz1975

Been to see my surgeon and he wants me to attend a sleep clinic, just wondered if anyone else has had to do this and what does it entail?

I've got thoughts of having to spend a night in hospital being monitored am I right? Lol xx

I would like to know too, I've been asked to go my 1st appointment is on the 10 th August with sleep clinic

It has been about 10 yrs since I had my study done but from I remember you are wired like for a EKG and you go to sleep overnight being monitored .Then in the morning you are unhooked and you go home and wait for results .

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I had a sleep test as well but I did mine at home, the hospital (London chest hospital) gave me a monitoring kit which they showed me how to fit on and I took it home for the overnight test it comes with a monitor that assess your sleeping patterns how many times you wait up during the night, if you stop breathing and for how long and in the morning you unplug it and in my case return it back to the hospital for them to read the results when I got my results back it turns out I woke up a few times considered as low on the scales for them so passed with flying colours
I was told that hospitals now no longer really do sleep tests within a hospital settings as patients don't really settle so a true reading isn't always given plus they don't have the beds for this type of thing anymore ,but maybe different in other parts of the country
good luck with your test

Many thanks for the replies :) I am hoping that salford royal let me do it at home as I really don't settle in a hospital bed lol nothing like your own bed is there haha xx

I have to have one too, and waiting to hear when. Some one else from my area (on this forum) said hers was at home, so I'm hoping mine will be too!

Hi,I also had this done but it was done at home,I went in at 7 in the evening and had to be wired up to a small box which went under your clothes,you have some tubes up your nose Which you don't actually have to put on until u are settled in bed,and a clip on your finger which again you put on when you go to sleep.I had to take it off in the morning when I got up and return it to the ward before 12am,simple and no problems at all

Mine was at home too! Got given a machine like ones you guys have all described. I guess it's loads cheaper for them (and less weird for the patient too).

Also my monitoring equipment fell off part way through the night (or more likely I pulled it off lol). I was gutted as thought I'd have to do it again or go in overnight. But they said that just a few hrs data was enough in my case so was all really easy. So don't worry too much if this happens to you :)

Mine was at home too! Got given a machine like ones you guys have all described. I guess it's loads cheaper for them (and less weird for the patient too).

Thanks hun, I think when they said I had to attend the sleep clinic I had visions of something from nassa!! Haha xx

Thanks hun, I think when they said I had to attend the sleep clinic I had visions of something from nassa!! Haha xx

When I had a sleep study about 15 yrs ago I had electrodes stuck all over my head and face etc, and had to stay in overnight. I had visions of the same again but am very relieved it could be much simpler, and at home!

Back