• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital Group Cambridge clinic closure

WlLu

I've just had an email to say that in a couple of weeks, the Cambridge Clinic belonging to the hospital group will be closing for good.

This was the nearest clinic to me and it's where I have my band adjustments. I had my surgery end of September 2016.

This closure now means that band adjustments through one of their clinics are going to be pretty much completely inaccessible to me- the next closest clinic is over 2 hours away and I just cannot manage (nor afford) a 5 hour round trip having already struggled to pay privately for the surgery only 7 months ago. I had 2 years of adjustments included in my fee. I do not know what to do.

They've offered a "goodwill" gesture of 3, free band adjustments at the end of the two year period which is nonsense really.

Is anyone else in a similar position now?

Thoughts or advice appreciated.

x
Thoughts or advice appreciated.

I didn't know this, I had the sleeve, but my mum has had the band with them. The only thing I can suggest is contacting them to tell them you're predicament, and see if they would be willing do to anything RE travel costs. I know what a pain this is, when my mum had swelling, and needed an emergency band adjustment, the Cambridge nurse was off sick so she had to drive to Birmingham!. I'm seeing her today, so will ask her what they have said to her, and if she's managed to sort anything out with them xx

Back