• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep apnoea

pmkmrm

:) hello again
can i ask you lovely peeps does any one suffer with sleep apnoea???:zz:
i went to my docs on friday about my sleeping snoring etc...:eek: and she thinks i may suffer with sleep apnoea and has reffered me to the sleep clinic.
does anyone know if this will affect my chances of having wls i am currantly waiting for my appointment to see the consultant at st richards in chicester. could they refuse me? :(or delay my op? :confused:
thanks love kate

Hi I had mild sleep obstructive apnea and it secured my funding for surgery which I have now had. The test is really simple I went to the hospital to collect a small machine and they show you how to strap it on and work it. You sleep with it on over night and return it the next day where they read information of it. If you have it it will most def help you. I have been great since surgery whereas before I was always tired with a horrible sickly headache and very emotional. Hope this helps..xx

hiya, I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnoea, about 4 months ago, I have probably had it for many years without it being diagnosed. I now sleep with a mask on, best sleep I have had for years.
It hasn't held up my op, I am seeing Mr Ammori on Wednesday morning, I am a young 60 and not sure if to have band or bypass.
best of luck to you TerryBee

Last edited:
Teri I had Mr Ammori, well not literally lol...he is lovely and he does favour the bypass over the band but the final decision will be yours. He will ask you about your eating habits as this is also a factor between the band and bypass. I first wanted the band but after research and reading on here decided the bypass was the better option. It is not as scarey and life changing as you think...the biggest life change is the fact that weight comes off and you cannot really cheat with it. xx

Back