• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleep test

k4rid4

hiya all, did anyone manage to get any sleep when they had the sleep test watch thing on??? it was horrible for me, kept tossing and turning, also held my breath at the start to see if it would alter the number lol i know im very childish :)

Thats moving very quickly was ayear after my seminar that I finally had my sleep test. It was very difficult to sleep. I had my machine for 6 months then had op and 6 months later had another test and the weight loss had made a big difference enough to warrant me to send back my machine. good luck, my consultant liked you to be using the machine successfully for bout 6 months before op if you need one that is. good luck xx

Thats moving very quickly was ayear after my seminar that I finally had my sleep test. It was very difficult to sleep. I had my machine for 6 months then had op and 6 months later had another test and the weight loss had made a big difference enough to warrant me to send back my machine. good luck, my consultant liked you to be using the machine successfully for bout 6 months before op if you need one that is. good luck xx

you had yours for 6 months????? are we talking about the same thing? the thing like a watch that goes on your wrist with a sensor u stick to your finger? i had mine ONE NIGHT and then had to take it back the next morning for results. im about 99% sure i dont have sleep apnea coz my other half hasnt noticed me gasping for air in the middle of the night and neither have i. i sleep like a log. i think the funding for the wls has been increased alot this year as people are shooting through the system quite quik..

i slept like a baby, apart from when i woke up for little man n he thought ET was visiting him, (the red finger from the light on the finger tip) like u i dont think i have sleep apnea but i do snore loud but my fella hasnt noticed me gasping for breath or anything x

I got some strange looks walking home from the hospital wearing the sleep monitoring kit. I wasn't told anything about the appointment at the sleep clinic and got a bit of a shock when I was whisked into room and asked to remove my shirt. Two nurses started quickly sticking n attaching the kit to my body; once kitted-up, I was simply told what button to press before I went to sleep and to press it again in the morning.
Being a poor sleeper in general didn't help, but I managed to get off eventually.
The test results showed that I have sleep apnea and I have recently been given a CPAP machine and full face mask. All I can say about this machine is that it certainly does the intended job, but I'm really hoping that when I lose enough weight, I will no longer need to wear it.
I really didn't think that I had sleep apnea prior to the test as on the questionnaire (sent before wls seminar I attended) I thought I was being generous scoring myself a 10 which I've since learned is borderline.

oooohhhhh looks like we got away easy, we just had a little sensor on r finger. must be different in other hospitals.. duno which is worse

Well, they gave me a sleeping test kit first, But something went wrong, so I got the watch thing with the sensor for two nights. Turned out I have sleep apnea. My partner did not hear me gasp for air at night either, but I felt sleepy during the daytime so they got worried I might have it. Turns out I do, and since August I have been Sleeping with a face mask on. It sure does the job, but I agree, I hope when I lose the weight I will no longer have two use it.

oh my days i hope mine doesnt come back that i have it, coz even if i do i wont be wearing the darf vader mask lol. if it doesnt bother me now then i dont see the point in wearing one.

You might sleep much better though. Before I got the mask I was Waking up every night Multiple times. Now I sleep right through. If that's not a problem for you, then I don't blame you for not wearing the mask. For me, it helps.

i sleep like a log filled with cement lol.. i cudnt sleep with that little watch on so doubt i cud manage with a mask

If you are sleeping that well, perhaps you won't have sleep apnoea at all. But it's a good idea for them to check, just in case.

I had about 4 hours kip and it was horrid.... i was worried it wouldn't have shown a high reading and they thought i was lying lol...I needn't have worried though as my reading was 70 apnea's an HOUR !!
Hope things work out for you
Andy x

Back