• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleeve help??

Tigerlily1

Hi everyone
I had a sleeve done 8 weeks ago, two weeks ago I followed compilations when my staple line started to leak. Following this I had a stent fitted to attempt to fix the problem. I had the stent removed last Wednesday. I'm now having problems where I keep getting this nasy smell and taste. Didn't know if anyone can shred a light on it.??? Plus I'm getting really low mood from all the compilations I've had, very tearful at times. Having to start my diet from the beginning so I'm back at liquid stage again and everything I try to eat or drink comes straight back out if you get what I mean. Is this normal??

Really could do with some support, I'm really struggling at the moment.

Tigerlily1

Kar8858

A nasty taste and smell is not normal and sounds like infection. Bringing stuff back up also suggests a problem..I would check to see if you have a temperature at all too as that's a sure sign. Seek some medical advice as you could become seriously ill if there is something wrong. In the meantime I would stick to water to hydrate best you can.
I hope you get better soon..staple line leaks are uncommon but it is a warning to people that surgery is a risk. Take care and keep posting if you need any support.

countrywench

Welcome tigerlily
I Cant help you as I have had a band but im sure someone will come along in a little while who can help you
Xxxx

FeeBee

I'm not sleeved yet but I think @Kar8858 is absolutely right and you should get some medical advice. I'm sorry to hear it sounds like you're have a rough time and really hope you are feeling better soon x

Tigerlily1

Hi everyone ,
Thank You for your help, I've spoken to my team and they think I've got a thrush infection in my mouth, since I last wrote the post I've develop a whitish tongue and a few bumps at the back of my mouth, there me thinking I had dog hair in my mouth to discover different. xx