• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve operation any regret?

Hi Andie, thank you for creating this post. I too have been feeling/thinking the same as you. But I took a step back one day and asked myself if I was doing the right thing. I knew I was sick of dieting because I would only lose the weight only to put it all back on and more. I don't have much will power, I NEVER have!!! esp to follow diets right through to the required end result, which would need to be 4 to 5 stones to loose. So I would lose 1 or 2 stones then like I said, and put it all back on again and more. Then I thought about my health in general and the fact that I can barely walk without being in pain and that the fact of the matter I am only going to get bigger and bigger. So looking at the facts, the only answer for me is to have a sleeve. I won't have to diet ever again, only be more thoughtful of eating healthily. Good luck on you decision hun x

Hi Donna your very welcome your post reminds me of myself it's getting harder to move around as the weight piles on. I also have lots of pain every day and I think there's no easy way out for us we either struggle trying to do it on our own or we opt for surgery to help us.
I think I have had enough of struggling . Yesterday was a day that I was panicking I think it's because it's getting closer to my op date.
Family are not supportive as they have all more or less told me I should try harder to do it myself. Easier said than done.
Good luck with your weight loss journey and thanks for your honest comments xxx

Just live your post Stacey. You are so positive. I myself this week have been trying to talk myself out the surgery because of my great weight loss. But know I would end up right back to where I started. Just heading for theatre now. Needed to read your post just when I did

Just to give you guys an idea of how 'easy' this option is:
I sit down on friday night and plan the weeks evening meals. I then order an online shop so I've got the stuff in and make sure I don't exceed my food budget or buy stuff that I shouldn't have in the house.

Sunday night I cook 3 chicken breasts and two trays of roast veg on top of normal dinners etc - this does my lunches for the week. I also cook a frittatta if I fancy it for breakfast as it makes it easier in the working week.

Every morning - coffee and meds, without fail.
Half hour later, I take my calcium - usually this is just before school starts if its a working week. I fill up my water bottles for the day to ensure I get that in as well.
I have a fruit and yoghurt snack in my breaktime, I use greek fat free yoghurt as I find the muller lights too sweet, so I have to make this up the night before and add sweetener etc.
I put my lunch into pots the night before as well so thats ready to go from lunch time
I then have some fruit that I eat in the car on the way home.

Cook dinner when I get home - it varies, but always cooked from scratch. I then have something in the evening, sometimes yoghurt and strawberries (tastes like strawberries and cream), sometimes something a little sweet. If I'm hungry it'll be a little mini meal.

I also workout at home 3 times a week. Even my friends on a diet who are doing it the 'hard way' don't work as hard at this as I do. Equally I do have days where I don't plan ahead and I find those days really hard. So don't ever believe the rubbish about this being the easy way out - if you use it like that it doesn't work. Bear in mind I do this around a full time job, and being a mother :)

Just live your post Stacey. You are so positive. I myself this week have been trying to talk myself out the surgery because of my great weight loss. But know I would end up right back to where I started. Just heading for theatre now. Needed to read your post just when I did

Good luck honey, wishing you a speedy recovery and big steps then to the new you that you deserve to be x x

Good luck - let us know how it goes x

Hi everyone just updating you all.

I decided to go ahead and have my operation which was booked for today
Sat in the surgical reception room all day from 10 am until 5pm .Spoke to the doctor and anaesthetist signed the consent form
And then at 5pm they cancelled it due to an emergency .
I was told I will now have to wait 4-6 weeks for another date. I guess it was not meant to be for today.
Feel so disappointed I was so excited about my new life starting especially how you lovely ladies gave me a pep talk earlier in the week xxx

Oh that's a real shame - especially after all of your hard work. Hang on in there xx

Hi everyone just updating you all.

I decided to go ahead and have my operation which was booked for today
Sat in the surgical reception room all day from 10 am until 5pm .Spoke to the doctor and anaesthetist signed the consent form
And then at 5pm they cancelled it due to an emergency .
I was told I will now have to wait 4-6 weeks for another date. I guess it was not meant to be for today.
Feel so disappointed I was so excited about my new life starting especially how you lovely ladies gave me a pep talk earlier in the week xxx

Sorry to read of this, don't be disheartened, or be led to believe by others it is a 'sign' in any way, you have made your choice and hopefully the wait will not be too long x x x

So sorry your op was cancelled must be so disappointing. I think you've made the right decision to go ahead I am 2 1/2 months post op and lost 3 1/2 stone. I don't regret it one bit I can literarily eat anything I want now just in very small amounts. I still have cravings for the food I used to love so do try it and it never seems to taste as good as I remember. I now really enjoy salad and veg which I rarely ate before don't get it but I'm happy about it. The only regret I have is that I didn't do it years ago. Good luck with your WLS x

Edit - iPhone mix up. I would contact pals and push for an earlier date :)

Oh Andie, you must have been absolutely gutted :( I hope you get another date quickly - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Oh Andie, you must have been absolutely gutted :( I hope you get another date quickly - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Thank you for your comment i guess I just got to be patient and hopefully it will be my turn soon . They have put me first on the cancellation list so just waiting for that call xx

Sorry I don't want hijack your thread here but can anyone tell me if a sleeve is the same thing as a band? I'm a complete newbie and all the terminology is a bit confusing!

Sorry I don't want hijack your thread here but can anyone tell me if a sleeve is the same thing as a band? I'm a complete newbie and all the terminology is a bit confusing!

A sleeve is more invasive than a band. The band op is also reversible. Good info on the weight loss surgery sites for you to google

Back