• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My operation date just confirmed by KCH

mission

Hi Peeps

Just want to introduce myself and share my good news with all those who have gone through this journey.

My journey began 4 years ago, when I decided that I did not want to live my life in this way; always tired, with constant knee and back pain, worried about others opinions of me,.... I could go on and on but let's just end by stating that I tried every diet in my book and nothing worked! I was size 14 when I married but had 3 children within short breaks hence, was never able to shed any weight before I progressed on with individual pregnancies :break_diet:

Have been going to KCH since September 2010, undergone various normal check ups and tests and have just been informed by them that they have sent a letter yesterday confirming my operation date (13 August 12') for laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.

Feel relieved and extremely happy but very worried at the same time, principally about leaks, whether I will ever wake up,...:confused:

Did anyone go through the same emotions? Any pointers?

Hi Peeps

Just want to introduce myself and share my good news with all those who have gone through this journey.

My journey began 4 years ago, when I decided that I did not want to live my life in this way; always tired, with constant knee and back pain, worried about others opinions of me,.... I could go on and on but let's just end by stating that I tried every diet in my book and nothing worked! I was size 14 when I married but had 3 children within short breaks hence, was never able to shed any weight before I progressed on with individual pregnancies :break_diet:

Have been going to KCH since September 2010, undergone various normal check ups and tests and have just been informed by them that they have sent a letter yesterday confirming my operation date (13 August 12') for laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.

Feel relieved and extremely happy but very worried at the same time, principally about leaks, whether I will ever wake up,...:confused:

Hey mission :) congratulations on your date, not long now!! We all go through being worried about not waking up etc, some people even write letters to loved ones just in case. But you will be fine :) I absolutely love my sleeve, the best thing ive ever done!! good luck :) xxx

Ooooh you're a week before me!
So far I'm not nervous at all, but I'm sure my nerves will kick in big time as it gets nearer!
At my group session they told us that bariatric surgery is less risky than having your tonsils out, which I found very reassuring.
Lots of luck, and keep us up to date on your progress.
Em xxxxx

Hi Peeps

Thats greta news pleased for ya we all worry about those things we would be lying if we said we didnt think some people are bettre at shoving it to the back of their mind but most of us aren't x;)

Hi mission and welcome, Iv having my surgery on the same day as you! I have been so focused on this surgery but yesterday I had a massive doubt attack :-( I'm ok tho today just feeling tired with the dreaded milk diet lol. I think everyone feels like that at some point but just think of the end results. Good luck with your surgery I'll be thinking of you and keep us updated xxx

Thank you Chrisa, Evenstarr, Caren and Dimond :thankyou:

Just feels good to let it out of my system and knowing that I am normal afterall.

Caren, great suggestion, writing letters for loved ones...

Dimond, wishing you all the best and will be praying for us both :) Feel for you as I have not been put on the dreaded milk diet but just think of the new you at the end of this journey :p

Watch this space:)

well done mission on getting so far...i too have thought about the 'not waking up' bit but ive already decided i will write letters to those who i cherish, its that risk we take to live a better life xxx

Good luck with your surgery hun x
Im having my bypass 27th August and im extreemely excited/nervous/scared to death lol but we WILL be fine and it will be the start of our "new" lives

Well said Twinkle toes and Misshell. Haven't told my mum and daughter who I know are totally against any form of bariatric surgery. Am feeling very upset about this as I feel that they needs to be informed. I have had several discussions with them on pros and cons of this surgery but they are adamant that this surgery is very invasive:(

Wishing you the best of luck in your journeys Sweeties.

Back