• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleevers

I'm not going to lie, it was worrying and scarey.

When I woke up in high dependency my parents were just leaving. The only tube I had in me was the cathater. I had the auto inflate blood pressure taking things that pump up all the time on both arms and a leg.

I also have a drip in the back of my hand for fluids and medicines.

First night I was pretty much out of it but no pain.

The morning after, I was asked to sit up etc and then felt very very sick. Ended up being sick and bringing up blood, dark fluid etc. Was reassured this was normal and felt fine once that bit was over. The anaesthetic coming out of me.

Had a shower and led to my room (Private hospital but NHS funded). That day I was just trying to get comfortable but failed miserably. Uncomfy and a little pain but OK.

Day after and it was check out time. Walked around for a bit to show them I could and went to my parents feeling OK.

I spent the next few days trying to get comfy, sleeping etc.

After 6 days I started not taking as much pain meds, after 9 days I was taking none at all.

I was off work 6 weeks but could have comfortably gone back after 4. The first 3 weeks was slow going but after that got stronger and stronger.

Now I walk 5-6 miles quite easily and am building up more strength as I lose weight!

Just read these posts, cant believe how helpful,caring and thoughtful people are to the newbies,Sarah all the best in the near future Mia

Hi Sarah

Looks like Mixman has given you all the details you were looking for,and seeing as we both had the same surgeon not alot else i can add..........

Except for other side of things what if all things dont go to plan as they didnt for me,i haemorrhaged and had to have a drain from one of my wounds and i needed a blood transfusion of 3 pints of blood over 3 days which meant i stayed in hospital for nearly a week then i was readmitted with jaundice as my liver couldnt cope with the amount of fluid still in my body.

Sorry to put a downer on things but like anything in life not everything goes as planned,it wasnt anything the surgeon did it was my body as far as i know.

I got the best medical attention and was soon back at home and soon back on my feet.

But saying all that i wouldnt change anything,i would have the op again and if ppl decide to go for the sleeve i give them all the encouragement i can.

Good Luck .

Thanx Mixman,

You are doing gr8 with your weight loss,well done.

I dont know about the saying "life begins at 40",i think it should be "life begins after wls" lol.

Oh and i love the new flashy mixxy :D

xx

Thanx Mixman,

You are doing gr8 with your weight loss,well done.

I dont know about the saying "life begins at 40",i think it should be "life begins after wls" lol.

Oh and i love the new flashy mixxy :D

xx

Holy Moly , u lost 97lbs wtg its a (a small) whole person in itself, amazing , well done xxx:D

Holy Moly , u lost 97lbs wtg its a (a small) whole person in itself, amazing , well done xxx:D

Thankyou BlueDiamond

Its weird,but for me i dont think i ever related what extra weight i was carrying to a mass amount like bags of sugar and as you said another person until i after i lost weight.
I imagine alot of members have been the same.But boy it makes you feel good :D:D:D.

xx

I can't wait till I next get weighed at my next hospital visit so I can update my ticker!!

I'm almost sure it's going to be the same again I lost!!

I got the inspiration for my 'Mixxy' from seeing your sparkly Di this morning :D

Dont let that rumour get out "i inspired someone " lol......

When is your next appointment,I was due to go this week but i cancelled,i said it was a long way for me to go just to be weighed and too be told how much i should be loosing on average a month by nerisha,especially when we are all different and we loose weight at a different rate,i didnt want to come away feeling i havent accomplished what she is expecting.
So i would rather not go.

xx

Hi, i'm having the sleeve, should be sometime in oct " all being well". I can not find a down side to it.
I think it's becoming more popular now.

Hi I like mixman had no problems whatsover, but I was a huge wimp I felt awfull, but after I had spoke to Di (blondemoment) on the phone I did feel alot better.

Seriously its not that bad and no way near as bad as I was expecting, I was back at work after a fortnight and my recovery I would say was quick. I cant really add to what everyone else has allready said but if you have any questions just message me x

Dont let that rumour get out "i inspired someone " lol......

When is your next appointment,I was due to go this week but i cancelled,i said it was a long way for me to go just to be weighed and too be told how much i should be loosing on average a month by nerisha,especially when we are all different and we loose weight at a different rate,i didnt want to come away feeling i havent accomplished what she is expecting.
So i would rather not go.

xx

My appointments in about 3 weeks. I'm just wanting to go to use the 'official' scales and see how much more I have lost!

I don't want to get paranoid about my weight. So just using the visits as my weigh points.

I still don't have any issues with the food etc, just following procedures. Plus it's only 20 minutes from my house!

Back