• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slow losses

daisy2002

Does anyone else lose slowly?

I weighed myself this morning & in 2 weeks i've lost....... 2lbs :( :cry:
I feel so disappointed.
My weight losses so far have been 9lb, 3lbs, 0lbs, 6lbs & 2lbs (in 2 weeks). I'm only 6wks post op so i'm really :( that my losses are so slow already.
When i've been on VLCDs before i've always lost a little slower than others at around 2lbs a week but i was hoping i'd lose that or a bit more a week for at least the first 3 months.

My weigh in with the company i went with is in 2 weeks & they told me they expect me to lose 1st a month...... i've lost 2lbs since seeing them :confused: i doubt i'll be making their 1st target. They said a stone a month for the first 3 months :eek:

My weight loss is very slow compared to most. I had my op on 4th jan and have lost 3 stone 2lb since then. I had lost quite a bit since referral to op though (over 4 stone) so think that's why my weight loss is slower as your body becomes used to it and it does get harder with time. I have lost more inches and dress sizes post op than pre op even though I lost more weight pre op lol. I'm am so happy cause I have went from 19.6 to 12.1 all together in about 1.5 years. Not the fastest but it all adds up x

Hi Daisy
Lets look at it another way you have managed to drop on average 4lbs or 2 bags of sugar a week i don`t thinks that`s to bad do you?
I too seem to be the same as you I`m stuck on 126 kgs been there for about a week now, but i know i will start to loose again just given time, so keep your chin up and good luck

Tim.

My maths is lousy...but you've lost 20lbs in six weeks. An average of 3 and a half pounds a week. I think that's GREAT!!

Anyway a stone is 14lbs, and you HAVE lost a stone in a month if you've lost 20lbs in 6 weeks...20lbs is almost a stone and a half and six weeks is a month and a half so you're bang on target as far as my maths goes!

daisy2002 said:
Does anyone else lose slowly?

I weighed myself this morning & in 2 weeks i've lost....... 2lbs :( :cry:
I feel so disappointed.
My weight losses so far have been 9lb, 3lbs, 0lbs, 6lbs & 2lbs (in 2 weeks). I'm only 6wks post op so i'm really :( that my losses are so slow already.
When i've been on VLCDs before i've always lost a little slower than others at around 2lbs a week but i was hoping i'd lose that or a bit more a week for at least the first 3 months.

My weigh in with the company i went with is in 2 weeks & they told me they expect me to lose 1st a month...... i've lost 2lbs since seeing them :confused: i doubt i'll be making their 1st target. They said a stone a month for the first 3 months :eek:

Don't be sad,the 2lb loss is a loss!
You've done great up to now,it's took me 16months to lose 9 stone,some weeks I lost nothing,some I lost only 1lb in 2 weeks.
But all the little losses add up!!
You will get there!

I loose about 2lbs a week and feel this is really slow but since my op in November have lost five and a half stones. My son pointed out to me that this isn't a fad diet it's for life and also in all my years of "dieting" I have never consistently lost week on week. So losing slowly but consistently is a result. I think it's very difficult not to compare with others, but every one is different.

I am fifty tomorrow and feel now at least I will be fabulous at fifty (well at some point in my fiftieth year).

Chin up and good luck with the rest of your WL journey x x

Daisy I think we all loose at different rates - I know I look at some of the threads and think ahhh I want to be loosing 4 or 6 lb a week - yet I always seem to loose 1kg (2.2lb) a week, apart from week one when I think I lost 9lb - ever since it's been stable at low numbers - but as Ruthie says it accumulates to pretty good numbers really!
If you find some patients can you share some with me?!
Good Luck xx

Set a mini goal daisy. I used to aim for round half stones off as well as inbetween getting into the next stone so for example at the start I'd have aimed for 15.13 as my new stone range and then say 15.8.5 as my half stone off. These little pit stops helped! as you get into the swing of it you will steady off and get the rhythm...I used to say 3lb was my magic number but that was only if I was good all week and exercised 3 times a week at that stage. No exercise and I'd be back to 1.5 or 2lb!
You also have the odd weeks where the body stalls and yes this is so demotivational but ultimately don't let it halt you further by turning to food! It's just the way our bodies are! Take 1 month and add the loss up and divide by 4 and I bet it still averages a decent loss.
Imagine 2lb a week.....where will you be by say end of August? 2 stone lighter!!!! :)
Rome wasn't built in a day...I'm 7mth on..and know how desperate you will be to shift it as been there...you will do it...dare to believe! Xxx

My losses have been really slow too. It was around 2lbs a week but the last month I've been lucky if I've managed that. I'm exercising a lot so the sizes are going down and I'm toning.
The way I'm looking at it is the slower it comes off the better my skin will be.
xx

I am just over 2 weeks post op and have lost 6.8 lbs. I also thought it was so slow because I have read about fantastic losses that others have had.
I am going to try and not get on my scale daily..; (but habit) and that way will not be stessing myself.

I think that we must remember that the op is a TOOL to help us and not a quick fix..

Good luck everyone xxx

Hi Daisy, I am almost 9months postop and since Christmas i have not quite lost 2 stone and its May now but i'v still lost it thats the main thing and i am looking better, a lot trimmer. jhang on in there and get your measurements checked out i do mine once amonth, if you are a slow loser don't way weekly make it fortnightly or monthly if you can wait that long. It also depends how healthy you ate before the op i know there are a lot of people who have lost lot more than me and had there ops after me I ate healthy but my portions were too big and i enjoyed weekend alcohol splurges. I have always been the same at ww i would lose the first 2 - 3 stone easy enough then would just stay there messing with 2 lb up and down while others were up to 4 n 5 stone weight loss. WE are lifes plodders. xx

Hi

I am about 11 weeks post op and my weightloss is now around one to two pounds a week, mind you I have lost about four stone in total but it's now really slow, which is how it's supposed to be. Also the amount you lose at the start also depends how big you are, someone weighing 30 to 40 stones will lose a lot more in the first few months than someone who weighed 20 stones, in the same couple of months.

Paul

you may be like me, I lose 1lb or 2lb a week then wham, 5lb on the odd week with no obvious explanation. I was a bit disappointed at first but having lost almost 9st altogether I am just enjoying every loss as it comes. x

Exercise! Love it or hate it...... :)

Thanks for all the replies.
I wasn't expecting miracles but when you're losing 1lb a week..... lets be honest it is a little disheartening.

I spoke to the dietitian last week & she was a little :confused: that i'd only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks. She said that she expects me to have a big loss this week........... well i lost 2lbs. She said if i don't have a big loss this week that 'we'll have to review what i'm eating' :(

I don't think what i'm eating it bad & i'm not eating loads either.

We all would love to lose 3-4lbs a week & get to goal sooner but i feel the added pressure of the dietitian & the nurse telling me that they expect me to lose a stone a month for the first few months.
I'm due to be 'properly' weighed by them on Sunday & since seeing them i've lost 4lbs :( . I just feel that they are going to look at my weight loss and think i'm cheating or that i'm a failure.

I'm quite happy with a 2lb loss this week though, yes it'd have nice to see a 5lb loss after losing 2lbs in 2 weeks but i was happy with 2lbs.

I spoke to my bariatric nurse and she was chuffed with my slow losses. She said not to measure myself against others losses and even suggested I stop coming on here if it's making me feel inadequate etc.
I haven't got as much to lose as some of her other patients and looking at your stats I don't think you do either.
We're all individuals on our own journey. We may take a little longer getting where we're going but the scenic route is sometimes pretty!!
Chin up (PS it looks like I've got a stay the same week!!)
We'll get there eventually.
xx

Back