• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wk 13 & I'm in a moody

Miss Tickle

So this week I lost a scraggy, measly, tiny, insignificant, pathetic -2lbs !
And I'm in a right mood.
Which is saft.
Saft because I've never lost weight for this long, nor this much before and 2lbs is a lot! it's 2 bags of sugar or 4 packs of lard. It's actually the weight of my favourite blue jim jams. Losing 2 lbs is great.
However, it's not 3.5lbs which is what we need to lose each week to reach that stone a month average. And as it's my smallest weight loss since surgery it's made me panic. What if the wl stops!
I know, I know, some peopel are never satisfied. Seems I'm one of them-lol !

I've averaged 1lb a week since my op which whilst not a lot is good occasionally I lose a bit more 2 or 3 lbs. but I think that depends on whether I eat enough or to little. So am not worried until I see the dietitian on Thursday & see what she says. Exercise has not happened as I've been to tired which may be food or B12 related so will check that out to.

Sorry you're not happy with your weight loss honey, but for three weeks I stayed the same, so I was well anoyed. At least it is a loss, think of it that way and who knows, perhaps it will be a little bit more next week.

Cheer up chick, you have come a long way.:D xxx

I know it's frustrating but 2 offis better than 2 on. Keep smiling chick and remember the tortoise and the hair :)

hey, i put it on!! :D

Thanks all, I know it's an okay loss-I'm just greedy. Went to aquacise tonight and feel more cheerful now. All my flab wobbling about gives me the giggles xx

So this week I lost a scraggy, measly, tiny, insignificant, pathetic -2lbs !
And I'm in a right mood.
Which is saft.
Saft because I've never lost weight for this long, nor this much before and 2lbs is a lot! it's 2 bags of sugar or 4 packs of lard. It's actually the weight of my favourite blue jim jams. Losing 2 lbs is great.
However, it's not 3.5lbs which is what we need to lose each week to reach that stone a month average. And as it's my smallest weight loss since surgery it's made me panic. What if the wl stops!
I know, I know, some peopel are never satisfied. Seems I'm one of them-lol !

Challenge Tickle time : Your task if you wish to accept it, is to carry 1 bag of sugar around with you for a week, now lets see if your happy to lose 2 lb.!

who said we had to lose a stone a month to be successful post op? our bodies are all totally individual and will lose weight (and unfortunately put on) weight at different rates than someone else. My weight has plateaued for about 4 or 5 weeks at a time twice now post op and when i went for my checkup last time they were really pleased that i had lost an avg of 1lb a week.
Dont be so hard on yourself. I know we all want this weight off superfast but you will get more personal satisfaction, in my opinion, if you have to work at it... I know that I used to be embarrassed to tell people I had this done - incase they thought I had taken the easy way out but since I put on a few pounds over the summer & now go to gym 4-5 times a week, I get so much satisfaction at knowing that its not all down to the op.

Glad you enjoyed you aquacise - as we say here in N.Ireland ... its great craic (fun)

Keep up the good work :)

Well I didn't carry the sugar round with me on my walk tonight but did pick a bag up before I left the house and was surprised at how heavy it was PG.Thank you for the very useful challenge! On our walk dh remarked that I was 'moving very well' and I can feel it myself. I really have put a great weight down!
Tionk, you're absolutely right. I hadn't even thought of it till now , but you've made me realise it's fine not to reach that 'average' of a stone a month. I'm not in a race, and quite frankly feel and look so much better now that if it doesn't matter how long it takes to get to 'goal'. I've been worried about the 'window of opportunity' but it's a big window and I am only 13 weeks out.
Thanks everyone xx

glad to hear you're feeling better about things. We will all get there in the end and what a journey it is! :)

Well after gaining for some reason :( I have lost a teeny bit so that makes my loss for this week 2.5 lbs so I am now 17 stone 10.5lbs. I am 2 weeks post op today, I am allowed to go onto pureed food now so hoping the weight loss picks up a bit :)

You have done great on your loss Miss Tickle. Not sure where the average of one stone a month comes from, but I was thinking that too.

I have had two or three weeks of staying the same, several of only a pound loss. My average has been around 10lbs a month which I am happy with.

I have not told too many people about the op, and 10lbs a month is about what people lose when they diet without the op, so no-one is asking questions or anything.

I think we all have a stage of slow or no weight loss now and again, and if you are prepared for it you won't feel so bad.

I have just lost for the first time in 2 to 3 weeks and it was so frustrating but I knew it would come as I was doing nothing wrong. Impatience is my middle name. Well done on your losses big or small x

Hey, don't be hard on yourself! You're still losing!

Also, sometimes it's more about the measurements than the actual weight.

Well done Hun! xxx

What amazing encouragement on here. This forum is great for putting things into perspective. I love it :)

Back