• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Small debate I have just had

deepblue

Was visiting family and had the usual problems around meals they seem to think its rude for me not to finish :mad: but anyway I was telling them about feeling of restriction and how if you kept goin the pouch would strech over time this then developed into a full scale conversation in which they seem to think that even if the pouch streched I would never be able to put the same weight back on :rolleyes: now can anyone tell me am I right that even with the bypass if the pouch streched it would just be back to square one or are they right.

Just tell them if you forced it down it might hurt you physically and cause serious damage. Surely your wellbeing and safety is more important than a plate of food? Next time ask if you can serve your own portion out and take some home in foil if it's that important to them.
Honestly hunny, don't let anyone force you to compromise your own wellbeing like that.
I think some people are under the illusion that a bypass is failproof..but people can stretch it over time and some people do put all the weight back on if they abuse their pouch, malabsorbtion or not. Why would they want you to risk it?

you are right deep blue, they do say these ops are not full proof........and can fail if the pouch was to stretch, so stick two fingers up and go na na naaaaaa na x

Also I was just thinking, they probably see how little you eat now and it makes them realise how much huge portions they are troughing down, perhaps they feel uncomfortable because it's now clear how massive their portions are and they feel like they have to justify themselves. At any rate do not let anyone put pressure on you.

Seriously, some people read 'Take a Break' n think they know everything!!!

Maybe they are feeling offended, thinking you don't like their cooking any longer....

Can i suggest you take a plastic tub next time and explain to them you can only eat off a small side plate but would really appreciate the excess you would 'normally' have to take home and freeze and have at a later date as it is so yummy?

To some people the sign you've enjoyed their cooking is by 'troughing down' a heap big plateful....

As someone else says you shouldn't compromise your health or wellbeing because someone is being a prat... Otherwise just don't go for dinner again, simples!!!

Your right doll...and there could be numerous reasons why they arrpear to be argumentative...either way, dont over do yourself for anyone or anything! Your a star ;) x

my close family are fine about it, but if i am out with other people, the conversation completely revolves about my diet, what i can eat etc it gets on my nerves now, most people think i have had the op and i will never feel hungry again, like Julie says people read a story and think they know everything

Was talking to my mum this morning about it think I got through to her but still not sure will need to wait for the next time I go for a meal but I do blame News papers & magazines for a lot of ignorance as all she can say is "I know all about you operation as I read up on it in my magazines" apparently take a break can tell her more than I can

It is possible for you to stretch your pouch, evidentially in Amercia where WLS if further down the line than us, they have operations to re do the pouch.

Chin up hun, they probably all mean well but dont let them bully you into eating what you know your beautiful new pouch doesnt want.

Put you and your pouch first.

Families - who'd have em?

My mum told me last Christmas I'd eaten far more than she thought I should!! I only had a small portion!!

The pouch can stretch - so will my sleeve - but there will be a degree of maladsorption for ever though for some people this lessens as well.

But WLS is a tool to aid weight loss - not a cure-all - it'll always depend what we decide to put in our mouths whether or not we continue to be successful with it.

At least we choose our friends :)

xxx

If you were to listen to my mom you'd think she was a qualified doctor, mechanic and wls expert....

I went to my grandsons christening and my brother i don't see very often said 'you can only have soup' apparently mom told him this. I soon put him right, i lead a normal life in all aspects of my wls now...

Take a break has a lot to answer for!

Back