• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Snack Ideas

deepblue

Anyone any ideas for snacks looking for Protein very little carb if possible been finding myself having a lot of hunger cravings around 9pm and acording to my Bariatric team I can eat a bit more but they never gave me any ideas

I sometimes have some carrot sticks and celery with some low fat hummous or some melba toasts with philly cheese on :D XX

Might try the melba toast sound nice at this moment in time I would try anything getting realy hungry

ryvita with low fat philly, or a bit of thin sliced ham or beef? a bit of fruit (not protein of course!)
a small bowl of oxtail soup?
ryvita with low fat cheddar and sliced tomato?
Don't do what I've been doing and eat crisps! they're so flipping addictive! I'm going to try the ryvita and cold meat or cheese option.
Also try a milky coffee or milky drink. I often mistake hunger for thirst. Are you definitely drinking enough?
I try a drink of water before i eat, that often helps.

Thanks Grace been told I am not drinking or eating enough it came as a bit of a blow but have been drinking a lot more this week but still getting hunger pains have managed to avoid the crisps so far as they were allways my food of choice and the one thing I am scared of getting back into eating

Thanks Grace been told I am not drinking or eating enough it came as a bit of a blow but have been drinking a lot more this week but still getting hunger pains have managed to avoid the crisps so far as they were allways my food of choice and the one thing I am scared of getting back into eating

Good plan mate! i'm giving them up now..the things are flipping lethal!
I tend to drink about 2 litres of water through the evening, just constantly sipping.
How's your restriction? mine's still pretty good. :)

My Restriction has been good lately but still find it strange how one day you can eat a full chicken breast next day can only eat half.

My biggest thing has been with veg the only things I can manage is Mushrooms & Onions everything else goes down and then right back up not sure whats going on and have everyone confused lol

I still struggle a bit with some veg, espcially mushrooms and peppers...which i love!
But I'm NEVER sick....I often wish I could be when something's causing me pain!
My rstriction is really really tight some days and not so much on others...and it's much tighter first thing in the morning! Weird huh?

It is weird glad I have it now but for the first three months I thought I had made a mistake with the operation

I would suggest one of the Atkins protein bars or Sainsburys do one that is chocolate flavored and takes a while to get through. These will give you a high protein low fat/carb meal (I don't use the word snack) that will see you through to the next day

If i want a snack i have a slice of ham, beef or chicken sometimes a low fat babybel , low cup a soup i also buy walkers sunbites crisps they are low fat and low cal and are made from wholegrain so i tell myself they are ok !! also a mini slice of toast from a small loaf hth xx

babybels, cheesestrings, toasted wholemeal pitta cut in half and filled with philly, chicken, ham beef etc
rolled up deli meat maybe spread with LF philly first?

I would suggest one of the Atkins protein bars or Sainsburys do one that is chocolate flavored and takes a while to get through. These will give you a high protein low fat/carb meal (I don't use the word snack) that will see you through to the next day

What are the Sainsburys ones called Karl and are they cheaper than the Atkins ones?? :D XX

What are the Sainsburys ones called Karl and are they cheaper than the Atkins ones?? :D XX

Not sure Jacqui they are not made by Sainsburys I think they are called Promax or something like that. They are about £2 a bar so about the same as Atkins though much better tasting

My gym is doing a box of 12 bars at £15 of Myoplex bars and they are good too but the Promax are the best and really filling

I think you can buy promax bars from Argos extra x

I dont tend to get hunger pangs at all but I know I sometimes need to eat more protein so I eat either half a dozen prawns with a bit of low fat mayo, a slice of really thin roast beef with a bit of horseradish sauce spread on it on a sesame or pumpkin ryvita or low fat philly with cucumber or tomato on the same. I also make my own pate using chicken livers, onion, garlic and low fat fromage frais - its really nice and low in fat but high in protein and I eat that on melba toast.

Hope this helps x

Back