• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Snoring/ sleep apnoea

leilabeila

Morning everyone,

Wasn't sure where to put this one, but thought I would start it here and it could always get moved!

On average, how many of us have issues around snoring/ sleep apnoea?

How long post op have things begun to change - has this been about weight difference or diet change?

Have you been able to leave the CPAP behind? What else works?

Leila x

Hi leila
I have been cpaping since 2002. I have lost just under 100lbs since July2012. Last week I had my cpap pressure reduced from a whopping 17 to 7!! :D. In saying that I feel it's a bit too low as I am waking up gasping so waiting for a phone call from sleep clinic. Either way its all good :) xx

Last edited:
Sleep apnoea diagnosed dec 2010 which led tothe start of my wls journey. Cured (!) no more cpap from jan 2013 - having lost 11 stone I think it was. Not everyone's is cured by wls though.

Thank you for both your replies, I'd been looking at some research which said the same thing about it not being a guarantee.

Weird thing is since half way through doing the yoghurt diet and post op, no snoring, no apnoea. I don't quite believe it at present, but my partner promises she's not lying!

Not sure why/how this has happened....not confident it's not just a fluke and will return to snoring again soon.

Leila x

Snoring doesn't necessarily indicate sleep apnoea though. If you look at the epworth sleepiness test it might give you some idea.

Yep, I have looked at that, had sleep apnoea test, and also do all the stop breathing apnoea stuff.

All peculiar...

Leila x

I know some people who didn't need their pap straight after their op. may be due to where the fat has come from.

Also not all apneaics snore.. I didn't ;)

I hope to get my sleep study results this Fri - my Beloved says I don't snore when I keep off dairy :)

Would love to think that sleep issues could be helped by WLS, an added bonus :)

I hope to get my sleep study results this Fri - my Beloved says I don't snore when I keep off dairy :)

Would love to think that sleep issues could be helped by WLS, an added bonus :)

Good luck for your results, no dairy seems to have kicked mine into touch.

It's true though that wls doesn't do it for everyone.

Leila x

Back