• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Apnoea

Yvessa

Hi guys, anyone at the Oxford Churchill for sleep apnoea?

I have been on cpap for a while and I have had no probs until now. Having lost 2 stone on the milk diet however am finding the pressure too high.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi, i'm at James cook hospital in middlesbrough. I've been on cpap since 2005. I got in contact with sleep clinic as i'm having the same problem. I've lost 4 stone ish and am waking up feeling like I've ran 2 marathons. They told me to come off cpap for 2 weeks to allow it to get out of my system and they will do another sleep study.
Am struggling big time at the moment as I reckon I still need cpap but need lower pressured only been off cpap since Wednesday:0 Sooo tired! dont know how i'm gonna manage for the next two weeks. Its scary to think I used to feel this tired before cpap and think is was normal!!

I know, I don't think I would want to come off it. Am waiting for a new hose as my other one has a hole and I feel rubbish. I love my cpap! Its strange that they are asking you not to use it, when I was diagnosed they were adamant I should never sleep without it.

Sleep medicine have said that I can use it but only as a last resort at it could affect my sleep study result? I don't like going to sleep without it,and hubby is also having trouble as he finds the humming soothing ....lol. I have found it difficult to get in to see anyone, I feel that the sleep study is unnecessary as I still need the machine just need the pressure reducing. This has been explained to them but they were adamant I had to do a new study.:(

Back