• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So excited

Lincs Lass

Hello

I am so excited to be here with you all.

I was referred to Derby in April or May of this year - brain like a sieve!

I saw Mr Das, the anaesthetist and Rita the dietician on 6 August.

I had a follow up appointment last Friday and hadn't put on weight so I am going on the waiting list.

They have to give an estimate of a year (in case they say a shorter time and then it goes over and people get upset) but it should be quicker.

I've found what I've read so far to be very helpful, thank you for that

LL

good luck for the op, im sure all will go well

Welcome and I hope you get your op date soon

is it different stages in different areas, what i mean is, i have done the courses twice, had couciling got funding for surgery just waiting now to see the surgons

is it different stages in different areas, what i mean is, i have done the courses twice, had couciling got funding for surgery just waiting now to see the surgons

Every area has different regulations and procedures.

I was originally under the commissioning body that covers Sussex and there funding had to be approved before any appointments took place.

In Lincolnshire all referrals are made to Derby Hospital but the Lincolnshire PCT has an agreement with the hospital that if a referral is accepted by the hospital for someone in the Lincs PCT area then funding is automatic while other patients also referred to Derby but from different PCTs have other hoops to jump through.

It's really confusing and I only know about my funding being guaranteed as the dietician told me last Friday. I saw one of the surgeons and the anaesthetist back in August so I've seen them all and have done what they'd asked which is why I'm going on the list.

I hope yours goes straight forward x

have you had to loss any more weight like a 5% target since seeing the surgeons etc

Back