• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Excited, So Hungry!

toriallelujah

Hi everyone!

Ive been reading this forum for almost a year now and not posted... was gonna post a while ago but my laptop broke - bummer!
Anyways, Im due to be banded on Sunday, this sunday, like 4 days away!!!

Very quickly, I went to my GP about 18months ago, went to the seminar at sunderland in July last year, saw the dietician in October and was meant to see consultant in April. It was put back to Sep. Saw him in sept and that was it, it was agreed! I was told it would be about 4-6 months til surgery and then I got a call 2 weeks ago and told it was Nov13th!! It feels quick, but Im ready!

Im on day 8 of my milk diet now, Im actually finding it ok... even though I go to bed and my tummys rumbling! Im gonna blow my own trumpet now, but Ive not cheated once! Go me!!
I suppose because I know whats coming, Ive come to terms with the not eating... however, my mum made some reference to pork pies at the weekend and I cant get them out of my head. I presume its normal to fixate on something like that! ha.

The only thing Im craving really is meat... protein I think... hopefully it wont be too long until I can have some form of meat.

Anyways, Im waffling.

I just want to say how great this site is at really letting people know every angle of getting surgery, the cravings, the sickness, the excitement, worries, fall outs with family etc. Its been so informative and helpful. So thankyou everyone!

T :)

Last edited:
hey Toria, welcome to the site, and good luck :) xxx

Hi everyone!

Ive been reading this forum for almost a year now and not posted... was gonna post a while ago but my laptop broke - bummer!
Anyways, Im due to be banded on Sunday, this sunday, like 4 days away!!!

Very quickly, I went to my GP about 18months ago, went to the seminar at sunderland in July last year, saw the dietician in October and was meant to see consultant in April. It was put back to Sep. Saw him in sept and that was it, it was agreed! I was told it would be about 4-6 months til surgery and then I got a call 2 weeks ago and told it was Nov13th!! It feels quick, but Im ready!

Im on day 8 of my milk diet now, Im actually finding it ok... even though I go to bed and my tummys rumbling! Im gonna blow my own trumpet now, but Ive not cheated once! Go me!!
I suppose because I know whats coming, Ive come to terms with the not eating... however, my mum made some reference to pork pies at the weekend and I cant get them out of my head. I presume its normal to fixate on something like that! ha.

The only thing Im craving really is meat... protein I think... hopefully it wont be too long until I can have some form of meat.

Anyways, Im waffling.

I just want to say how great this site is at really letting people know every angle of getting surgery, the cravings, the sickness, the excitement, worries, fall outs with family etc. Its been so informative and helpful. So thankyou everyone!

Torie :)

Im gonna blow my own trumpet now, but Ive not cheated once! Go me!!
:clap: :happy096:

Hi toria - this thread must have been delayed and we've only just seen it - hope everything went well last Sunday, and welcome to the site.

Yes, I have just seen this too... hope everything went well... we probably passed each other as I was admitted to B26 last Monday as you were probably being discharged x x

Seems it was delayed! Hmmm!

Yeah, have had my op, all went really well! Recovery was better than expected and Ive just received a date for my first fill - 3 days before Christmas! :(

Im actually really enjoying all of this food control and, well, yeah, looking forward to the coming year and how I change and health improves etc :) :)

Seems it was delayed! Hmmm!

Yeah, have had my op, all went really well! Recovery was better than expected and Ive just received a date for my first fill - 3 days before Christmas! :(

Im actually really enjoying all of this food control and, well, yeah, looking forward to the coming year and how I change and health improves etc :) :)

Great to hear it all went well toria - don't forget to change your pre-opper badge!

Hi tori welcome to site congrats on ur op happy loosing look forward to following ur journey to slimness ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

so pleased everything has went well for you! Im having my op on the 20th December so i shall be on the liquids with you too over christmas! x x

Back