• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So fed up trying to think possitive should have known things were going to smooth

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hiya everyone,

Sorry havent posted for a while not that i posted a lot but i always logged on and followed everyones posts the high's and the lows.

Well as you all know my plastics op was cancelled due to a failed blood test of which i thought was through infection. It turns out that my ALT liver results have doubled to 508 since October last year and the anethatist will not touch me until this is sorted. The doctor thinks it might be chemical induced (is not sure so have to go for an urgent liver scan) as i had no high readings before October last year and then my doctor put me on sertraline a anti depresant.

He has taken me straight of an anti depresant says that withdrawl is secondary to correcting this liver problem but god do i feel rough been of them since monday and i keep feeling dizzy, sick, very tired muscles and so tearful.

does anybody know how long it takes for chemicals to come out of your
liver i do have to go for a blood test monday and have an appointment to see him on friday but i need to fix some sort of time in my mind to when i can possibly go back on the surgery list for my plastics all being its nothing nasty going on trying to think possitive. Any advice would be much appreciated. Troubled Janey:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aww Janey Im so sorry you are feeling so poorly at the moment...(HUGS) I cant really help with any constructive advice as regards the meds getting out of your system etc but just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon and you can get your op back on schedule soon XX

I am so sorry to hear of your anguish... and don't have answers but just wanted to say we are here for you and that we send our love.

Thinking of you and sending a huge hug xxx

Aww sorry you are not feeling well, I wish you a speedy recovery x

So sorry you're going through this - I'm on sertraline too so I'll be interested to see if that is what caused your prob lem xx

Janey Im so sorry to hear this. I have no advice but just wanted to wish you well and I hope you feel better soon x

Hi Janey. Sorry love I have no idea how long the drugs might take to clear your system, but the liver is an amazing organ and we only have to do a 10 day diet to shrink it, so I imagine it will be quite quick.
Sending much love and prayers your way
Grace xxx

Hi Janey

I'm so very sorry to hear what happened :(
I asked my friend who is a G.P and they said that Sertraline has a half life of 26 hours so should be out of your system in around six days but it can take longer than than for the withdrawal symptoms to ease off, especially if they were stopped rather than tapered off.

I really hope things start to improve for you soon honey. Having been there with anti-d's I know what you are going through. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing?

Thinking of you and sending hugs.

Debs xxx

Sorry, can't help with your meds question, but I want to wish you well, you have come so far I hope they get it sorted quickly and then you can have your plastics.

Would it be worth taking milk thistle? It's very good for your liver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was on sertraline for quite a while but the doc changed them just before Christmas, i was weaned of them slowly so never had any withdrawal luckily, i'm very surprised your doc didn't wean you off them cos surely it's no good to come of these things quickly. Anyway hope you feel better soon and that you get your surgery too xxx

Hiya everyone,

I have an update for you all. After experiencing some uncomfortable side effects being took of the anti depressants straight away it turns out to be the right thing to do. My liver levels have come straight down in 2 weeks from 508 to 181 proving it to be the drugs. However the doctor will not ask to have me put back on the list until i have had this urgent liver scan which i still havent heard anything about, and he wants another blood test done in 3 weeks time just to make sure. I do understand the reason for the caution its just that i am going for a romantic 4 days to Rome in september and i am starting to worry that i won't make it. After this operation i don't think i will be capable of walking around all day if my op is within 6 weeks of the holiday. Can somebody let me know if this would be possible physically. janey:wave_cry:

No idea about your question - hope you get your op soon though. A friend of mine had a tummy tuck and breast reduction and has just had some revision plastics and was back at work within 2 weeks of the TT and 2 days of the revision!!

Glad though your liver is recovering after the drugs - a scary time for you, going through similar myself with omeprazole!!

Hope you get sorted soon

xxx

So sorry to hear of your troubles, I do hope all works out for you really soon. I am sorry i am unable to offer any advice on this issue, but i am sending hugs to you x

Back