• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so hungry all the time

julielockwoodjerrett

Six Month Post Op
I'm getting so frustrated.. I have 7.5ml in my 11ml band.. and I fill easily but then I'm so hungry so soon... And that's when I snack and eat rubbish.. I need to get my head around it all again... I'm just so disheartened with it all again....

Hi Julie. We can try to help. How about posting what you are eating here so we can see if there are any tips we can give you. Are you exercising? When was your last fill?

tranquil x

I'm generally having porridge for breakfast, lunch is usually crackers and pate then dinner a ready meal under 350 calories.. maybe I just need more in my band.. my last fill was in November, I've booked for a fill for next Monday..

I am no expert but it seems to me that you may not be eating enough and what you are eating is carb heavy and slider foods. You need to eat protein first plus veg and keep your carb intake to a minimum. Ready meals may be quick and convenient but their nutritional value is poor. Mazza is one of our star banders and there is a link on her signature to a post she did on good intake for bandits. Check it out - you will find it invaluable.

Hope this helps.

tranquil x

I was in the same place as you, I wasn't eating enough then snacking in between meals
I agree that you are not eating enough at mealtimes
I had a fill last week and that seems to have sorted me out I have 9.5 in a 14ml band
My typical day is cereal bar on the way to work (1 hr Drive) so I can have a drink when I arrive
I have a full tin of soup and a yogurt for lunch
In the evenings I am having a substantial meal usually what the family are having just less of it
I then have a 100 calorie snack around nine
I have lost 2lb last week doing this
Sometimes I think the hunger is in our heads and I think thats the thing we need to get sorted, takes time I had my surgery last April and only now do I feel I'm in a good place
You will get there at a time thats right for you we are all different
Lynn
x

Thanks for your positive thoughts.. you are all right.. I just need to get my head into gear and try not so many carbs. Protein and veg first, minimise the carbs.. I'm hoping my next fill will be better too. I go on Monday. I'm walking 3 miles a day too so something has to start working soon... Thank you x

Hi Julie, here is the post TB refers to, it might give you some ideas. Good luck with your kick start !

Some Tips!
I have been asked to post what I eat to give the newbies / strugglers or anyone interested some ideas. Well they work for me, so here are my rules, followed by some food ideas - its a long one, feel free to ignore / digest at your will:

Rule 1 - 3 small meals a day, dont comsume more than 2 snacks a day.

Rule 2 - Chose solid, dry or textured food which is low fat/sugar.

Rule 3 - Protein first and chew, chew and chew. Veg next, then and only if you do not feel full, carbs.

Rule 4 - STOP as soon as you feel full, leave whats on your plate - then dont serve so much next time if you dont like waste. Dont eat that last bit just because you can! If you feel your portion sizes are increasing it may not mean a fill is needed - you could be pushing your band with quantity or type of food.

Rule 5 - Alcohol in moderation (yes thats right banders are ALLOWED alcohol) be aware of the calories. Think spirit and slimline (50 cals) rather than large wine (175 - 250 cals). Add ice to take away the fizz. Avoid fizz if you have been advised to or if it causes discomfort.

Rule 6 - Aim for 1 1/2 litres of low cal fluids. Limit fruit juices which are full of sugar.

Rule 7 - Dont eat and drink at the same time, the lquid will wash the food through.

Rule 8 - Move! walk, swim whatever you can but try and be more active.

Rule 9 - Don't skip meals.

Rule 10 - There isn't one :D

Food ideas:

Breakfast:

Good choices: 3-4 melba toast with low fat soft cheese.
Cereal size bowl of chopped fruit, with yoghurt (low fat).
1-2 eggs boiled or scrambled, with mushrooms or maybe tinned tomatoes.
On the move - a protein shake or slim fast

Not to often cereals, muesli, beans and toast - more carbs / calories.

Try and avoid - fried breakfast, sugar coated cereals, fresh bread, pastries.

Lunch:

Good choices: 3-4 ryvita type crackers topped with protein ie ham, trukey or low fat soft cheese. Plus a side salad.
2 egg omelet with your choice of protein plus a salad.
Protein ie chicken breast chopped into a large salad - low fat dressing. Or a veg stir fry.
Grilled or baked fish - tuna, prawns whatever takes your fancy with a salad.

On occasion - beans, pitta bread, jacket potato, cous cous.

Try and avoid - bread, rolls, sandwiches, bagesl etc. Full fat hard cheese, soup, rice, pasta or noodles.

Evening meal:

As lunch really but sometimes have a ready meal, low fat of course.

Limit - Sauce based dishes, shepherds pie, fish pie etc. Potato's.

Try to avoid - as lunch. Plus the ready meal has no rice or pasta.
Chips - booooo
Fast food.

Snacks - x 2 maximum and only if needed.

Good - fruit, melon, pears, strawberries - I cant manage apples :eek:. Crudites with some low fat humous - no raw carrot for me though :eek:. Low fat youghurt.

Occasionally sweet things - banana's, chocolaty low fat puddings. Savoury things - snack a jacks, french fries.

Move away from - biscuits, higher fat crisps, sweets - etc, etc :sigh:

Hope this helps some of you ;) x x x

Thank you all for your help regarding this.. I've been for a fill today with Wendy at the Yorkshire Clinic so liquids now for a few days, but will definitely be following this when I'm back on solid food. :)

Guru Mazza always to the rescue. I have read this a lot but I am amazed at how good this is and a great refreshers especially as I struggled so much

I've had a fill this week, so on softs till tomorrow but I am definitely going to follow it.. I've lost just over 3 stone so far.. still a way to go, but love coming on here as its such an inspiration and no one else really understands. X

How are you finding your fill now??? How much do you have in your band now?? Hopefully once you start back on solids you will notice the difference and keep fuller for longer xx

3 stones is amazing well done

Fill is a lot better , can defo tell even now. I have 7.5 ml in my 11ml band, even drinking is different now.. just trying a smoothly for breakfast and very slow going down, x

Can't wait to feel restriction. So far I had two fills and 6 ml in a 10 ml band and no restriction so I hope the next one ll do it

This is my 5th fill, and only just there.. everyone is different. It's taken me since the end of May to lose 3 stone, it takes time but so worth it... You will get there x

Thanks Julie. X

Back