• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling hungry till i get my first fill

Jooles

I'm now on week 4 post op so back onto normal food now, but 2 weeks to wait till my first band fill, is it normal to start feeling hungry now, I've already lost 1stone 12lb since having my op & I'm scared of putting weight on before I have my first fill. I'm struggling to keep my weight loss as is.. Im only eating small portions but feeling disheartened as no restriction yet..

Hi and well done on your loss so far! x

I felt hungry more or less as soon as I came round after the op! Its perfectly normal to feel hungry but its also 'normal' to feel you can eat more than you think you should before your first fill.

Best advice - protein, veg, fruit and limit carbs. Lots of water and have another glass if you feel hungry, if you still do after that and it isnt head hunger have some more fruit, a cup a soup, highlights etc etc.

You will be fine, have a read and join in on the banders diet and exercise thread too x

Yes you are normal. 2 weeks before my fill and i felt like i was eating like a horse, but when i sat back and really thought about it, i was still not eating anywhere near the amounts i used to pre-op.
Ive only had 1 fill (got 5ml in 9ml band) and ive got some restriction.

Back